Engine mounts

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
Last edited:

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
Here is my first version....

then I got the mounts that dave was talking about and re worked my mounts to fit them. It did smooth things out.

I dont really have a good picture of my mounts now but they are in there. version 2.0

Millennium Falcon

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta wagon, 1949 willys cj3 ALH TDI swap
Not bad,it gives a little kick when shutting it off but pretty good when drivin'.
Nice! My steering wheel has a little buzz at an idle but smiths out when you give it a little throttle. I’m supprised at how smooth it feels when I put my hand on the valve cover. The steering wheel actually vibrates more.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
ALH in 84 Vanagon using the OE mounting bars that have rubber bushings on each end.

I used Volvo Hydraulic mounts for the engine to sit on......... lots of vibes!

So, I went back to the OE style rubber mounts. There was a very, very noticeable difference.....

1.9ZOOK

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH Samurai
^
I thought that was pretty original myself.
Andy-The ALH I have came with a single hydraulic mount on the pass. side,
it was leaking so I figured two would be better.If I could knock down the idling vibes
I would be happier.

cumminsfromthecold

Veteran Member
TDI
'84 Toyota 1Z 4WD x-cab, '13 Jetta Wagon
TDI Toyota Engine Mounts

Sorry Inhabor, just kidding around with the crescent mounts.

Here
http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/truckeebiofuels1/media/bWVkaWFJZDoyNzY2NDI5NQ==/?ref=1
you can scroll either way for multiple views of my Toyota's motor mounts. As I've said before, I used early '90s 325i solid rubber mounts, and I have moderate to severe vibration under 1200 rpms and at idle. Otherwise they're fine. They were professionally designed and built and not cheap, but worth every penny. The gusseting is critical. Definitely use hydraulic / oil-filled mounts.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
My ALH idles very smooth with either the hydraulic or rubber mounts. The issue I had with the hydraulic mounts was extreme vibes from about 3400 RPMs up. With the rubber mounts, the vibes (drone) doesn't seem to start until about 3700 RPMs but never gets as loud as it did with the hydraulic mounts.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I like the look of that Fox mount, so I ordered one. I’ll be installing it as the rear mount in my AAZ Rabbit pick up, and if it works out, another for the project car.

I figure that air gap would be better than the solid block that the stock mount is. I can stuff some rubber sheeting in, if it needs to be firmed up. Fingers crossed....

-Todd

Hasenwerk

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
1982 Cabriolet (BEW|VNT17|Stage4), 1989 VW TriStar Syncro soon-to-be CR TDI (CBEA), 2001 Ford Ranger Edge 4x4 (ALH|VNT17|R520|Stage4)
I like the look of that Fox mount, so I ordered one. I’ll be installing it as the rear mount in my AAZ Rabbit pick up, and if it works out, another for the project car.
I figure that air gap would be better than the solid block that the stock mount is. I can stuff some rubber sheeting in, if it needs to be firmed up. Fingers crossed....
-Todd
I used these for years with my Vanagon conversions. There are two types of these mounts - Black and Green - with the green being slightly stiffer. I have used both and really found no difference.

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
Mine arrived today.... and it’s blue. Supposedly, Lemförder.

Slightly taller than the standard Rabbit mount, by maybe .5”, but I knew this wouldn’t be a drop in affair.

-Todd