www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI 101

TDI 101 Got a simple/basic TDI question? Are you a newbie (new to the forums). Feel free to post your question here.

Old September 15th, 2019, 23:55   #16
Dreznon

TDI(s): ALH
Fuel Economy: 40mpg

First of all thank you everyone for chiming in to help me.

LKQ junkyard had 40% off during labor day and while I was there I remembered I need to try those o-rings on the fuel filter T. I snagged a fuel filter T. It had the blue and black o-ring on it.

I installed that fuel filter T and new hose from fuel filter to firewall. My old hose was pretty dry-rotted and I found a pristine condition one for donor.

Ever since I interchanged those components last Monday, I have not had to bleed the injectors once. It is now the next Monday. If we were going by the problem I had at the beginning of this thread I would have had to bleed the injectors everyday without the mickey clip and every 2-3 days without the proper o-rings and possibly the check valve being part broken.

Hats off to Jokila, he called it from day one. He has got to be the smartest one on tdiclub.com

I do have a cold start problem still, but I think we are past the IQ issue now. My IQ is between 2.2-2.8 and consistently 2.8 while warm.

I also added the proper fuel return line hose on and has not helped the cold start

My timing is smack dab in the middle as requested, but I assure you I will be readjusting it to advanced as soon as I get the cold start issue figured out.

My plan is to replace the injector hard lines next. They are coming in the mail.

Right now I turn on the accessories and wait for dinging to stop, turn the ignition off and then repeat 2 more times. I will then start my car with a very short delay.

Does this mean it is my glow plugs? Does this mean it is my glow plug regulator relay? I am still trying to make my cars fuel sector all new. Once that is done I will try out the glow plugs.

By the way, the car is very nice to ride in with all the new suspension components.
Old September 22nd, 2019, 21:30   #17
Dreznon

TDI(s): ALH
Fuel Economy: 40mpg

Injector hard lines on today.

Still hard on cold start.

I'm not going to lie, this car has never liked any weather under 55 degrees, but it is still 70 degrees outside most of the time.

Maybe the coolant glowplugs? Maybe the engine plugs? tiring...

The part that gets me is that there are no trouble codes. The car thinks it is fine. aye, aye, aye.