BEW Intake manifold flap motor

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
So the CEL cam on with 2 codes - Camshaft position sensor and Intake Manifold Flat -Intermittent signal or something like that

So i read some post of what people did and most of them had to replace it

But i can't find the part number for this thing so i need HELP with this

Is the Intake manifold flap motor same as EGR valve or no? (my understanding that it is not, but i want to check)

So on Sunday ill try to clean and inspect it to see if the teeth are fine or have been broken

And as well for the Camshaft Position sensor, what part # is it or can it be fixed without replacing it

Thank you in advance for your help

Last edited:

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
Last edited:

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
Thank you for clarifying that for me, i guess if it will not work after cleaning ill have to buy it

bluesmoker

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 pd 5 speed tip
What happens is the carbon/egr crap blocks the valve, the ecu tells it to move and it cant so the gears strip and it runs constantly or the motor fries and stops working entirely

gioTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
well i did take a look at the inside of the manifold it has a layer of carbon but maybe 2mm or max 3 mm so idk shouldn't be a big deal thought, however car has about 200k miles or so

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
What happens is the carbon/egr crap blocks the valve, the ecu tells it to move and it cant so the gears strip and it runs constantly or the motor fries and stops working entirely
Just one more reason to block off the EGR and keep carbonizing crud out of the intake manifold.

Try:

1stvwparts.com

for the intake motor flap. They should be at least $100 less. You may have to call them for the part number and then order it online from them.

You might want to unplug and plug its connector to see if that helps. Probably won't, but it is worth a try.

--Nate

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
I personally would just replace the flap and motor on. The EGR system works quite good on the BEWs, unlike the ALH cars.

jwal278

TDI
04 jetta wagon GLS
Just one more reason to block off the EGR and keep carbonizing crud out of the intake manifold.

Try:

1stvwparts.com

for the intake motor flap. They should be at least $100 less. You may have to call them for the part number and then order it online from them.

You might want to unplug and plug its connector to see if that helps. Probably won't, but it is worth a try.

--Nate
Use Part number 038-128-063-L when searching for the intake flap motor for a 2004-2005 tdi BEW engine code. copy and past it in the part # lookup. I searched their site for a few hours and could not find anything. I copied this part # from another site charging 100 dollars more and within seconds I had the part i needed.

kato96

Veteran Member
TDI
05 BEW wagon
When searching at 1st VW for part #'s, remove spaces and dashes, try 038128063L

PDJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta GLS TDI Pumpe Duce Platinum Grey w/ Leather
Yes, delete spaces and dashes in the part number when using the "part number search" $351 at 1stvwparts.com I just checked.

--Nate

Moonlight

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 NB , 2001 Golf GL
Those little EGR flappers in the intake grenaded the engine in my wife's 2004 NB ...not once, but twice. Long story ... dealer didn't realize a flapper broke off the first time (25K miles), and contributed it to broken glow plug. They never knew because they didn't take the intake manifold apart. Replaced engine. FFW 80K miles and another one let go and took out engine again (on my dime). The give away was a flapper embedded in the top of piston #4. The entire flapper valve assembly in the intake was removed on rebuild #2 as well as the EGR cooler. A rare event perhaps, but it happened. I have 2 flappers for sale if anyone wants one :)