Resetting the Maintenance Light

ExtremeMachine476

TDI
2010 Volkswagen Golf
Hello everybody.

Can someone explain to me how to reset the maintenance light on the dash board. I'm approching the 15000 km for the first oil change, it's already been done but all thats left is to reset it. Please help!

By the way the vehicle is a 2010 Volkswagen Golf TDI Confortline.

Thank you
Nick Marcogliese

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
Step 1) Get out your owner's manual.

Step 2) Look up "Resetting the service interval display." (p.101 in the U.S. version)

Step 3) Do what it says.

dubStrom

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 A4 Jetta (sold), 2010 JSW (sold), 2013 Passat 6MT traded for 2014 JSW with 6MT-TOTALED in November 2016, 2003 ALH 5MT conversion (sold), wheezing 2015 GSW/DSG and a new 2021 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 p'up
Ugh

OK. Be nice now...

ExtremeMachine476

TDI
2010 Volkswagen Golf
Seriously,

I've looked in the manuel, they mention how to access the settings menu with the highline display, but nothing toward the confortline display. I've done the round about and I tried a few things. Belive me I'm not lazy and not looking for a quick fix... I'm asking because I'm stuck and need help...

Thanks

frugality

Top Post Dawg
TDI
none, 2016 GTI
This is in my Sportwagen manual (Golf wagon). It has the same instrument panel, but mine has the MFD (multifunction display) that I'm guessing is on the Highline in Canada.

Vehicles without MFD:
Press the [manual shows a button that looks like 2 overlapping rectangles, the one that's on the lower left bezel of your instrument panel cluster] button until the service message appears in the instrument cluster display.

If service was not performed by a Volkswagen dealer, the display may be reset as follows:

Use the rocker switch on the windshield wiper lever or the buttons on the multi-function steering wheel to select the Settings menu.

In the Service submenu mark the Reset menu item and press the [OK] button in the windshield wiper lever or the multi-function steering wheel to reset the Service Interval Display. Confirm the subsequent security check with [OK].

([OK] is a small button on the underside of the wiper lever)

Last edited:

ExtremeMachine476

TDI
2010 Volkswagen Golf
Hey guys,

I'm still having problem resetting the service reminder... Help please, for some reason I can not access the setting menu... Has anyone got ideas. Maybe I need the vcds decoder to do it?

Thanks
Nick Marcogliese

vinistois

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 golf wagon tdi
Ok, I just confirmed this on my car.

On Canadian comfortline models, we have no MFD, no steering wheel buttons, and no 'OK' button on the wiper stalk. So there is no way to clear the service light. I have been doing my own service, so I am getting the 'wrench' symbol every time I start my car. I tried everything, there is no way to reset it without vcds or dealer scan tool.

So we're out of luck!