FREE Oil Filter Drain Tool with Purchase of EA288 Service Kit!

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI

IDParts EA288 Oil Filter Drain Tool for the VW EA288 Series TDI have arrived!

This tool allows you to remove the drain plug for the oil filter spindle cap, letting the oil cleanly drain through the integrated tubing and into a catch pan! You can get this tool FREE with the purchase of any IDParts oil change kit, 20K kit, or 40K kit for your EA288 series TDI! Click here to get yours today!

Last edited:

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I assume this works by attaching the hose, which can spin on the adapter, and you remove the drain plug with the adapter, catching the oil in the funnel end of the adapter.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
How do you make it come up free? Tried adding oil kit and it isn't listed. Tried adding both and it wants to charge me for it.

cevans

TDI
That's exactly right! :)

cevans

TDI
You have to add both the Service Kit, AND the EA288 Oil Filter Drain Tool to your cart, go through the checkout process, and on the "order confirmation" screen before you click "Confirm Order", you will see the the cost for the tool come off. See below, -$19.95 came off from "Combo Discount".
Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for your business!

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Trying to order but now it says it doesn't fit my 2015 Beetle tdi. CVCA like the others. Is this an error or is something on the Beetle different?

cevans

TDI
Sorry about that! It does fit the Beetle, I've updated the product so it properly lists the Beetle in the fitment information.

Dieseline

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 TDI - sold at 350k,2009 TDI -sold back to VW 9/29/17 225k, 2015 TDI SE
Just got mine delivered today. Fast shipping as usual! You guys are great, thanks!

cevans

TDI
Thanks, and thanks for the order. Hopefully the drain tool will keep you from taking an oil bath during your oil change.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
You have to add both the Service Kit, AND the EA288 Oil Filter Drain Tool to your cart, go through the checkout process, and on the "order confirmation" screen before you click "Confirm Order", you will see the the cost for the tool come off. See below, -$19.95 came off from "Combo Discount".
Let me know if you have any other questions, and thanks for your business!

what, no Fuel filter on the 40k kit? arent those due every 20k or so?

or are the newer ones longer lasting.

cevans

TDI
There *IS* a fuel filter, AND and air filter in the kit though they aren't shown on this cart view. The cart screenshot only shows things that are configurable - like choose your oil. The air filter and fuel filter do not show because there is only one version of each, so it isn't a "configurable" thing.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I figured there was an explanation. Thanks for the clarification.

Im sure Ill be getting one of these kits soon as my wagon is already at 15k miles so will be needing a 20k kit with fuel filter etc sooner or later.

joeelliottshin

TDI
2015 Jetta
Hello All,

I just got my first diesel engine (2015 VW Jetta TDI) and saw this posting. I am trying to figure out how to use this drain tool. Is there a video footage or direction for me to follow? Thanks in advance!!!