Clicking noise from DSG on start up

tpavlusik

TDI
2006 Jetta/2014 Passat
2014 Passat 2.0 DSG 174K highway miles. When I first crank it up in the morning there is a clicking noise from transmission(I think) in idle. Best I can say it is in the clutch area. It disappears if I put it in to gear or if I raise RPM. If I let it go back to idle in park it starts again. It lasts for 30-60 sec. then it goes away. No more noise till next day even if the engine is completely cold on start during the day.Maintenance (oil+filter) changed at 40K intervals +/- 1000 miles.
Any ideas? Is it time to replace the clutch?
Thank you.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Our '13 Passat has only 63K on it, so I don't expect any problems before we turn it in next year. I've been following various topics on this forum in the 4 years we've owned the car, and the DSG is definitely one of them. So far, I haven't read a single post by anyone having trouble, let alone having to repair a DSG. Hope yours falls into that category.....if you've done mostly highway miles, it's hard to see how the clutches could be worn out. I suspect the problem with those clutches is that the only way to find out if they're gone is to yank the transmission and open it up to take a look, and if that's the case, they might just as well be replaced.