What did you do to your MKVI-A6 Golf family/JSW today?

shane.short

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2000 Jetta Sedan 5spd, 2011 JSW DSG(sold back to VW)
Added some decals... :D

Last edited:

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
After a 3400 mile road trip, had mine detailed, smell, feels and runs like a new one. ;)

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
After a 3400 mile road trip, had mine detailed, smell, feels and runs like a new one. ;)
OK how much does that cost to have your car detail, what do they do.

What does detail have to do with how it runs? :rolleyes: In your mind right.

stoner-tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta sportwagen

I paid $100 to have my truck detailed once...

hand wash
hand wax
detail interior.. vacuum, wipe, shine (no shampoo @$75 per seat and $80 for the carpet)

After it was all said and done the truck looked great... but then I started to notice things I would not have missed like shine down in the little corners or trim I would have gotten... yes I got my truck back in a few hours, but the quality of products really showed true after a full day or so..
my experience was ruined
now I spend a few days and my cars in the garage in sections spend a day or two doing clay bar, polish, wax/seal. then do the inside

I wont do it again

02TDIred

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta (225K, retired), 05 JSW (334K, retired) 2012 JSW, SEL Gone, 2016 GSW/TSI/6A
Outside wash and wax (w/ Carnuba based polishes). Interior… looks and smells like it "just came off the boat." Some sort of carpet wash that "got all the dirt." FWIW, the windscreen is so clean, it's INVISIBLE.

Likewise the OEM rubber mats… (removed and pressure washed) they're spotless. Steering wheel is a "little slick" tho. ;)

A luxury, to be sure… but "my time" is more valuable than the $100 fee, not to mention the COST of all the "chemicals" used to detail the car that I don't have to buy/store & maybe discard because they're "outdated."

Absolutely… in my mind.

re; stonertdi… "My guy" does it right… we inspect it outside in the sunlight and if his crew "missed anything" it gets corrected, on the spot.

FWIW, he did an '02 Jetta for me, prev. owner had a companion dog… G finished up with NO "dog smell" in the car, even in damp weather.

Been there, done that and no way could I get a car to that level. I watched, he took the interior carpet out, down to bare metal and even washed the floor metal. Extra fee $25 and worth every penny, but that's me.

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
installed LED turn signals, reverse lights and brake lights set. Superbright!

Interior are all LED for 5 years now. All bought from DeAutokey, thanks for your business!

jeepnguy

TDI
2011 JSW
New Shoes for the JSW.
Continental Extreme Contact DWS06

My tires that were on there were cheap 30K tires I threw on last year. Got my 30K + 8K out of them. They were as bald as my head. Thanks Uncle Fahrvergnügen! No out of pocket on it at all!!

ricks

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Jetta Sportwagen
http://pics.tdiclub.com/data/uploads//98784/image833.jpg
Never liked the oversized VW front emblem so purchased a black replacement, but that was too boring. Never happy. So bought red pin stripe and detailed the inside of it and then covered the horizontal for a quasi GTI look. Still don't know what to do about the lower chrome u. Without it, for me it looks like a sea of cheap plastic. Still thinking on that.

This site is great but it has the most convoluted pic posting process, which I still have not mastered.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
2 recalls.......clock spring and ECU (which won't matter soon :) )
-awaiting euro switch
-awaiting OEM roof rack
-awaiting PIAA yellow ion fog lights

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Installed euroswitch and turned off drl/added fob window down
Installed roof rack
Installed piaa lights

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Picked up Gold plan before the new car warranty ran out, which was left of the car when I purchased it.

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
I got the oil changed(110,000 miles), bought wipers for the front and rear, replaced them when I got home...along with a new tag light.(which wasn't the problem. The bulb holder was loose)

I then proceeded to drive to Raleigh. My daughter did her dance competition, then we hit the road to come back home. We left at 4 PM on Fri and got back 8 PM on Sat.

800 miles spewing NOx.!! :)
43mpg at 70-75mph......perfect!!

Donald

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/07/46410463c98905be61723a8eae17fd8e.jpg

]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/16/02/07/f92ffeb68531d2727eb00ef6c39c3ccf.jpg

What a great piece of kit.
Wait until it gets some use... it's like butter!

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Yellow Metalcast sprayed my foglights.....4 coats......letting it cure now.....pics to follow.

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
^ turned out awesome...4 coats and will add yellow result at night later today...so much better than the overlays I've used before.
Daytime:

swcrow17

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI DSG
Another project complete....mkvi thule 872xt mod for my roof rack: