www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old December 28th, 2011, 23:29   #46
03bora
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: consistantly getting at least 36 mpg.

Yeah, for sure. That's gonna be one sweet ride!....and a one of a kind at that! Love to see some more pics of this guy.
Mods:Cat fuel filter w/ custom stainless steel braided fuel lines, Elbrus rims, Euro headlamp switch, fuel tank ventectomy, DieselGeek short throw shifter, Redline accessories custom shift boot, custom brake calipers from GoldLineCalipers.com.
03bora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2011, 23:35   #47
03bora
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: consistantly getting at least 36 mpg.

Sorry, my bad. Missed a few pages. WOW! That for sure is tight! Just don't really see many people in my area fix up a TDi nicely....such a shame.
Mods:Cat fuel filter w/ custom stainless steel braided fuel lines, Elbrus rims, Euro headlamp switch, fuel tank ventectomy, DieselGeek short throw shifter, Redline accessories custom shift boot, custom brake calipers from GoldLineCalipers.com.
03bora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 00:08   #48
Bruno S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsMike View Post
So are you driving it as is? do you need the axles in there to hold the hub assembly in place? how does it feel with the IRS? could you use the springs off the old jetta or did you NEED r32 springs.

man I almost want to just shoot up there and pick your brain before i cut a giant hole in the floor of mine... lol
Ya I took apart some old vr6 driveshafts I had for the axle stubs and just put them in the rear for now so the bearing doesn't go bad.

The IRS feels so much better, it's a crazy difference in handling. The rear springs are completely different from the regular mkiv stuff, I actually converted the front to r32 also, rack, lower control arms and the sway bar so I just order Ksport suspension for r32. The fronts are also different because of the sway bar end links hook up to the shock instead of the control arm. Gotta love the close ratio steering rack too
Bruno S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2012, 00:17   #49
Bruno S.

So I am driving it now, it's completely together now and running great. Kerma tune is awesome!

And I added the racks, christmas gift
Old January 1st, 2012, 18:59   #50
NHgranite
Veteran Member

What type of pwr mods are you running?

Turbo, nozzles, intercooler??
NHgranite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2012, 09:34   #51
Bruno S.

I lowered the compression by running a thicker three hole headgasket, originally the motor used a two hole. I have Race 520 injectors flowed by kerma. VNT 17/22 also from kerma, a 2.5" exhaust from the turbo back with no cat, resonators or muffler. I have a kerma tune. No egr system, stock air box with a Mann filter. A PD150 intake manifold. All stainless steel 2" intercooler pipping going to a stock intercooler, future plans to go with an aluminum Eurodyne smic.
Old January 2nd, 2012, 18:37   #52
NHgranite
Veteran Member

cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno S. View Post
I lowered the compression by running a thicker three hole headgasket, originally the motor used a two hole. I have Race 520 injectors flowed by kerma. VNT 17/22 also from kerma, a 2.5" exhaust from the turbo back with no cat, resonators or muffler. I have a kerma tune. No egr system, stock air box with a Mann filter. A PD150 intake manifold. All stainless steel 2" intercooler pipping going to a stock intercooler, future plans to go with an aluminum Eurodyne smic.
Old January 3rd, 2012, 21:27   #53
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

Wow Amazing job
Old January 6th, 2012, 20:03   #54
EltoroTDI

TDI(s): None :(

Quote:
Is this on a stock engine? And by stock I mean pistons...rods...etc?

Also I sent you a PM but you never answered!
Old January 7th, 2012, 08:04   #55
Bruno S.

Ya stock internals, I do plan on putting some valve springs and retainers and a mild cam in it next year

Bruno
Evolution
--------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old January 7th, 2012, 16:12   #56
BadNewsMike
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 01 Jetta TDI

what are you doing about a fuel tank? are you running a R32 tank or does the OEM diesel tank work with the rear floor setup?

I have almost the same set up but my block is died stock no HG. I lost my last motor due to heat, So I just keep an Eye on egt's I do need some kind of Intercooler. I cant believe the stock one is holding up to 35+psi
BadNewsMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 04:15   #57
m1ketdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Leon BKD
Fuel Economy: 50+mpg

Quote:
Ya thats most likely what I'm gonna do. Anyone know of any TT 6spd transmissions and diff for sale? Lol
The ultimate in easyness for you would be a gearbox from a Seat Leon Cupra-4 tdi. Pretty much a 4 motion box with Tdi ratios and I believe it will be o2m style too. But they are rare. Only sold to certain non-uk european countries.
m1ketdi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2012, 12:00   #58
Bruno S.

I used the r32 tank and put a new pd fuel pump in the r32 hanger. You have to use an r32 tank because of the driveshaft and diff. U need the tank to have the hump in it for clearance.

I think that model cupra was available in Portugal perhaps I'll call back home and see if anyone can find one for me. Thanks

Bruno
Evolution
--------------------
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old January 8th, 2012, 15:57   #59
m1ketdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Leon BKD
Fuel Economy: 50+mpg

Also forgot the other option of the Audi A3 quattro tdi which was sold in the uk and probably most of europe...
m1ketdi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 06:22   #60
BadNewsMike
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 01 Jetta TDI

I was thinking about trying to find some one who would ship somthing like this over:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/audi-a3-s-...item33705fb209
BadNewsMike is offline   Reply With Quote