www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old May 31st, 2011, 12:49   #46
benIV
Veteran Member

i'm going under to check my dogbones today. especially right before our family reunion trip to ohio coming up at the end of june. 12 hours driving, 690-700 miles.

the more and more wagons i see, the more i want one.
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER #6 - 2003 TDI Mafia Member
Orville, 2003 Jetta 5m Sedan
Knurren, 2003 Jetta 5m Wagon (Golf Variant)

1974 Super Beetle Conv, 1956 Mercedes 560 SL
benIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 21:43   #47
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Today (5/18/11), Knurren got the Magnaflow muffler deleted and the 3" mufflerectomY piece that came with the car got extended from Golf length to Jetta wagon length my Matt Whitbread. His stuff is artwork. Love it.

A few photos:

I also got the RC3 tune adjusted by Jeff to match the Bosch T4s that have been on the car since I got it. Jeff says the old tune was designed for Stock nozzles, so once the t4s were put on , it was overfueling compared to what the ECU was expecting. Perhaps this Tune adjustment will bring my mileage back up to expected levels.

I am now sitting on a RC3+ tune and Jeff says I need to bump my timing up toward the top of the chart and to be careful how much I am "on it" at higher RPMs due the to tunes boost level being set at 19.5 psi. (still have a stock VNT15 turbo..)

And the best news of the day, with the removal of the muffler, I have my turbo whistle back that I have been missing ever since I sold the Golf.

My guess is tho that the Resonator is going to get chopped out next and a couple of V-Bands placed between it and the rest of the system so I can see if just having a straight pipe with nothing else will reduce the resonance I am getting starting at 25-2600 RPMs. its liveable because I cruise at lower RPMs due to my Taller final drive.

I look forward to my next few tankfuls and how they do for mileage. Loving this wagon more each time I do something to it.
Schnurren 2001 Golf 2 door.

Last edited by Growler; June 20th, 2011 at 08:39.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 11:03   #48
LiLredTDI
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ohh...I'd say bout 42mpg

Hey Aaron,

FYI- My car may be different because it is a PD but I got rid of the crazy dual exhaust that had no muff/cat and changed to a GLI rear lip with a drivers side cut out. When I did so I upgraded the wimpy street toys downpipe to the PP pipe and upgraded all piping to 2 1/2". I installed a magnaflow straight through SS muffler (oval body) and a 3 1/2" tip. I went with the muffler as I could not STAND the drone at 70-80mph. It dramaticly toned down the noise at all driving speeds unless under WOT, where a nice throaty growl still makes an appearance. The turbo whistle is still present anytime it boosts over 10PSI. I am MUCH happier with it as well as my passengers.

I also upgraded to a custom RC Race tune from the RC4+ I was running. Boost creep is reduced with the muffler, but I think I have a sticky acuator, vanes or N-75 now.
2004 Jetta PD-RC race, 17/22,stg.IIcoltcam PD150 Inj.,Rosten Rods, Ported head,PP DP, cat delete/2 1/2" piping/Magnaflo muffler, R32 airbox/snorkle,PD150 TIP, SB stg 3 ,NSboost/egt gauges, BBS RS II's, Koni FSD/Eibach Kit, M3 side skirts/ rearwindow spoiler,GLI F/R lips FK bumper scoops

LiLredTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2011, 16:54   #49
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

I had Malone/Aaron put a tune on my Wagon at TDIfest 2011. It is good to have the options of different good tuners, and to feel the "Flavors" of the different tuners. I can honestly say that both of the tunes I have had on this car are very good tunes, and wouldn't feel bad recommending either of them to anyone.

I went with a stage 3 custom tune to go with my Bosch T4s, racepipe, and 3" turboback.

Had Malone add the Dynamic idle control to raise the idle to 1200 RPM until the coolant comes up to 150*, it then will drop down to normal idle speed.

Boost is maxed at 17.5 Sustained, and spikes to 21 when stabbed and quickly settles right down to 17.5-18. if you roll into the throttle it will not spike and just goes straight to 17.5 like it should.

it is almost 100% smokeless, and feels just as powerful and has a more linear power curve than my previous tune.

EGTs are lower on the freeway when climbing hills, boost does not go all the way up when climbing hills. it only raises a few PSI to hold speed on cruise, thus keeping the EGTs lower.

the dynamic idle control improved the shudder when taking off in 1st gear so well that I went back to Aaron and asked for a retune to raise my idle to 1050 rpm permanently.
this change, while minor has removed a source of frustration that I have had since I purchased this car.

I am well pleased with my new Malone Tune.
Old September 5th, 2011, 19:14   #50
Bob_Fout
Oil Wanker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Growler View Post
I had Malone/Aaron put a tune on my Wagon at TDIfest 2011. It is good to have the options of different good tuners, and to feel the "Flavors" of the different tuners. I can honestly say that both of the tunes I have had on this car are very good tunes, and wouldn't feel bad recommending either of them to anyone.

I went with a stage 3 custom tune to go with my Bosch T4s, racepipe, and 3" turboback.

Had Malone add the Dynamic idle control to raise the idle to 1200 RPM until the coolant comes up to 150*, it then will drop down to normal idle speed.

Boost is maxed at 17.5 Sustained, and spikes to 21 when stabbed and quickly settles right down to 17.5-18. if you roll into the throttle it will not spike and just goes straight to 17.5 like it should.

it is almost 100% smokeless, and feels just as powerful and has a more linear power curve than my previous tune.

EGTs are lower on the freeway when climbing hills, boost does not go all the way up when climbing hills. it only raises a few PSI to hold speed on cruise, thus keeping the EGTs lower.

the dynamic idle control improved the shudder when taking off in 1st gear so well that I went back to Aaron and asked for a retune to raise my idle to 1050 rpm permanently.
this change, while minor has removed a source of frustration that I have had since I purchased this car.

I am well pleased with my new Malone Tune.
Old September 6th, 2011, 14:58   #51
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Finally got a photo of my sheet. says 118.6/215 ft-lb on the first run.

This was with my previous RC3+ tune on what is commonly known as a heartbreak dyno.

And of my car on the rollers.

Last edited by Growler; September 6th, 2011 at 17:37.
Old September 8th, 2011, 20:14   #52
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Default The madnes begins... (Engine bay thinning)

Subtle differences, I know, but its a start.

The following have been removed completely.
EGR Valve.
EGR Cooler
N289 (Anti Shudder Solenoid)
N18 (EGR Solenoid)
Vacuum lines to the EGR & ASV
Relay holder box on firewall

The following have been relocated but are still hooked up
N75 (Boost control Solenoid)
2 Relays inside the relay holder box

Replaced with different pieces
Racepipe installed
Turbo Inlet pipe (2/75")

Photos (ya I know not much different, but still its a start)
Before:

Where N75 used to be:

and overall

Ideas for what to do Next..
Vacuum Ball, Factory upper boost pipe (hiding MAP wiring), Possibly relocate battery.
Old October 20th, 2011, 19:25   #53
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

And for my cars first birthday, I have lined up a nose job..

More after Sunday.
Old October 23rd, 2011, 19:38   #54
bhtooefr
TDIClub Enthusiast
ToofTek Inventor

TDI(s): None

It's not a Jetta Wagon any more, it's a Golf Variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2011, 19:51   #55
thebigarniedog
Master of the Obvious

Our camera caught Growler celebrating:

When interviewed about why no diesel for the new F150, Ford responded to effect that diesel makes no sense in the 1/2 ton market. That brilliance should be repeated in every Ram 1500 eco-diesel commercial.

OCD TDICLUB MEMBER # 1
thebigarniedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 17:07   #56
otty
Veteran Member

That Wagen is BEAUTIFUL!

I wanna paint the rubstrips on mine black as well. What exactly is textured truck bed paint?

something like this? - http://www.plastikote.com/products/T...ner-Spray.html
otty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 17:40   #57
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

Yes, something like that is what I was going to look for when I went to do the new Golf nose rubstrip, and to refresh the strips all over the car.

they are showing a little bit of wear.
Old October 27th, 2011, 18:39   #58
JBTech

What fuel point is that?
I'm going to meet a few of you at some point. I'm determined!
Old October 27th, 2011, 19:07   #59
bhtooefr
TDIClub Enthusiast
ToofTek Inventor

TDI(s): None

That's the Refugee Road Englefield Oil BP commercial fueling station, it carries B20.

I usually fuel at the Newark commercial fueling station, they've got B20 there, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lug_Nut View Post
The really cool ToofTek made "Emperor's Clothes" injector fork risers only worked until someone pointed out that there wasn't any thing there.
bhtooefr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2011, 19:48   #60
Growler
Got Soot Vendor

If you are in Delaware, you need to be going to the fuel depot off Rt 42 right nearthe JEGS & Advance auto parts warehouses.

and Join up on columbustdidrivers over in yahoo groups.