www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery

Jetta/Bora/Vento TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Jetta/Bora/or Vento TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old May 9th, 2016, 06:50   #16
Stromaluski
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by compu_85 View Post
I've always loved that color. Nice to see a MK3 getting some care

-J
Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2016, 07:57   #17
mrrhtuner
Veteran Member

Very nice car.

Keep us posted :-)
Old May 11th, 2016, 20:21   #18
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

Very nice looking Jetta.

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo
rocketeer928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2016, 07:27   #19
Stromaluski
Veteran Member

Guess it's about time for an update. Borrowed some Corrado Steelies from a friend to see how they looked on the mk3. I never really liked the Sebrings.

Also went through the hassle of replacing the Condensor and recharging the system after I mangled the one in the car during the clutch replacement.

Got the bottom half of a nice passenger seat from the junkyard and used it to replace the foam on the base of my driver seat since the outer bolster was blown out.

Also threw in a new (illuminated) shift knob. It's kinda corny, but I really like it.

Had to replace my stock head unit after it ate itself.

Had this one sitting in the garage, so I threw it in. It's not great, but it had the advantage of I already had it.
Old August 31st, 2016, 10:40   #20
1998TDIMonster
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 44 AVG. 48 Hwy best

Any more news on this one? That headunit looks great.
1998TDIMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:36   #21
dieseldorf
top post dawg

Andrew, nice lookin' ride! We don't see MkIII cars any longer....rust has taken them...
dieseldorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2016, 19:52   #22
rocketeer928
Veteran Member

I like the illuminated shift knob. Where did you get it? I have an Gaslock Indy-Cator on my TDI, which is also corny.

2003 Jetta GLS TDI with RocketChip RC5-ASV-Euro tune specific to my performance modifications - Platinum Gray

yo
rocketeer928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2016, 06:37   #23
Stromaluski
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1998TDIMonster View Post
Any more news on this one? That headunit looks great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldorf View Post
Andrew, nice lookin' ride! We don't see MkIII cars any longer....rust has taken them...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketeer928 View Post
I like the illuminated shift knob. Where did you get it? I have an Gaslock Indy-Cator on my TDI, which is also corny.
Sorry! Need to check this more often...

Head unit came from Jaycar, though I can't seem to find it on their website anymore. It's a knock off of a Kienzle head unit. The quality of it isn't great by any means. But it looks like it could be a factory radio out of something, which is what I was going for. And it wasn't terribly expensive, either.
http://www.jaycar.us/

Shift knob came from Innovative Car Tech in Germany. I would definitely buy another one.
http://www.innovativcar-tech.de/en/

I also finally got around to replacing a bunch of the stereo system in the car. Speakers had definitely seen better days. Almost all of them looked like this.

Ended up with Sound Ordnance component setups in front and rear with a Sound Ordnance powered subwoofer mounted to the back of the rear seat. Sounds good to me. I ended up mounting the crossovers in the rear by sandwiching the rear parcel tray between some sheet metal and the crossovers. Left the factory front tweeters mainly because I didn't want to have to mount crossovers up front. Driver side one has already been mounted in the picture below.

Also hard wired my dash cam while I had the interior all apart. FYI, you can pull switched, fused power from the fuse box by tapping into the rear wiper circuit. The rear wiper is not present on Jettas, but power still makes it to the relay slot on the fuse box.

Currently been trying to figure out why I keep getting my a/c draining onto the passenger front floor, but only at certain times. Seems like it's only if I'm doing 50/60 mph or above that it happens. And almost seems like pressure in the engine compartment pushes the draining water between the drain and the firewall seal... Never heard of the problem, but that's where it seems to be coming from.
Old June 8th, 2017, 23:08   #24
benIV
Veteran Member

ever figure out that ac/drain problem? How's the little jetta doing?
OCD TDICLUB MEMBER #6 - 2003 TDI Mafia Member
Orville, 2003 Jetta 5m Sedan
Knurren, 2003 Jetta 5m Wagon (Golf Variant)

1974 Super Beetle Conv, 1956 Mercedes 560 SL
benIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2017, 07:24   #25
Stromaluski
Veteran Member

I guess I'll update this again. I haven't done a whole lot with the car other than driving it. Primarily been working on my mk1 and my bus. In any case, though...

Picked up a second set of Corrado Steelies.

Had them powdercoated and put a new set of 195/55/15's on them. The powdercoater did a terrible job on them. The powder is too thin (in addition to being more white than silver); so now a few months later, there's surface rust coming through the powder.

Swapped a stock head unit back into the car and put the JayCar one back on a shelf. I really like the look of a stock head unit.

Started buying parts to put a bigger turbo on the car, but that won't happen until later this year or possibly into next year. Picked up a BHW exhaust manifold and PD130 intake manifold and picking up an 11mm injection pump from a local friend hopefully this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benIV View Post
ever figure out that ac/drain problem? How's the little jetta doing?
I put a zip tie around the seal where the drain passes through the firewall and tightened it just enough to put some pressure on the drain. Hasn't done it since. I still have never heard of the drain not sealing, but it seems to be fixed. In any case, though, I don't really give the car a whole lot of love.

At this point, the paint is fading through to primer on both the roof and trunk and the paint on the front bumper/grill/hood is really looking terrible. I need to do something about it, but don't want to go through the time/expense of painting the car. Thinking I'll just plastidip the whole car...