TDI Sideswiped...

HJWII

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI; 2012 JSW TDI
Maybe someone can help me, because I am unable to get through to Volkswagen (email, phone, "live chat" all tried....)

I am currently waiting on information regarding Volkswagen's TDI buyback. I was quoted $13000, with a payout date on November 01. I have not yet heard anything from Volkswagen since I submitted my paperwork.

During this time, my 2012 Jetta Sportswagen TDI was sideswiped while parked on the streets in New Orleans. Will that damage effect the amount of the buyback Volkswagen quoted me? Do I need to have the necessary repairs made to the car before Volkswagen takes possession of it?

I'm just trying to get some answers...

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Do you have collision insurance? i think you can find the question about condition posted in the forum section named "Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal".

gmcjetpilot

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW TDI DSG Matalic Grey
Sorry to hear. I lived in New Orleans long ago... don't live there any more.
I park in a high rise parking garage. Some cars and especially SUV's and
long bed king cab trucks stick out into fairly tight drive lanes. Some one
took of the front of a Land Rover and pushed it into a Honda Accord. They
took off and left parts all over the place.

kcny

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Man.
As long as you can drive the car to the dealership in its own power vw will buy it back regardless of the condition the car is in.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
Hopefully the person responsible for the damage has taken responsibility for it. If they have insurance, you can pocket the check and not fix the car as long as it is still drivable at turn-in.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
As far as not being able to reach VW about the buyback, just be patient. They are completely overwhelmed. You can call the claims line and leave your number for a call back, but as long as you have uploaded all the necessary paperwork on the claims portal, they will get to your paperwork when they get to it. A call won't expedite the process.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
If you can drive it there your good body damage is not a issue.