Tdi shuts off by turning off radio

ahlcar

Vendor , w/Business number
For all of your wondering what ever happened to this. It is finally fixed. What a pita. After removing center console, dash panels, radio, the short would not identify itself by moving the harness, checking every relay, etc. Then, realizing there is a tweeter, up in the left A-pillar, the culprit showed itself. One of the terminals of the speaker was just long enough to poke into the wire harness that runs along the A-pillar. Bending the terminal over and routing the harness on the other side of the speaker solved the problem. I had great help from an auto electric genius who does not like VW's. He graciously gave me his shop to dismantle everything and ask questions of how and why while he probed and tested.Thanks Don Harpe! I feel great and can enjoy life again.

MaxThrust

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta
Man, who'd a thunk?!?

That could have eluded you until the end of time. I don't think I would have ever found the problem, and I have an electrical/electronics background. You owe that guru a lot of beer.

I also would like to thank you for the update, it may help someone else out in the future.

Mike /images/graemlins/cool.gif