Has any Golfer bought/used the hatch sun screen?

spoilsport

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Golf GLS Silver (Sold). 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon Tiptronic (daughter's)
I'm replying just to keep the thread active. I really like the rear sunshade they have in the B5 Passat, would also like one for my Golf. Info appreciated........

Sun Baked GL

Veteran Member
It's usefull in high sun areas and easy to install, but because of the way the weave is made it is a little blurry out the rear hatch. But it does cut down on a lot of heat coming into the car here in the Furnace Valley.

A metal tint is more usefull in cutting down on the heat, but this will tend to block the radar detectors that have a rear facing sensor.

blue909

Veteran Member
I haven't heard from anyone who has one, or seen one myself. I may just wind up ordering it and taking the chance. I'll post my impressions if I do. I can recommend the Weathertech trunk liner for the Golf... excellent fit and quality. About 90. from MacNeil.

blue909

MIA

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf, 09 JSW
I test drove a Passat a few weeks back that had one, and I hated it. My view was too obstructed. Maybe you should try it for yourself before you spend the $100.

blue909

Veteran Member
I've enjoyed them on other cars... tho' haven't sat in/driven a VW that has one. Working on the assumption that the material used in the Passat is similar, I'll have a look at those. Thanks for the info.

blue909