Timing Belt this weekend

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Am going to start my TB tomorrow morning/afternoon. Have this weekend off and it has to be done. If anyone wants watch/participate you are welcome come over at any time. I'm going to try to get the garage cleaned up some tonight before starting, just send me a pm for my contact info.
I'll also be selling a pile of extra parts I've been accumulating over the past 1.5 years to make some more room in the garage.
Thanks

Aaron

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
whatcha sellin? (I can hear the vultures!!!!)
Set of stock seats for 1.
A complete rear axle beam with reconditioned calipers(By me) with new bushings. Asking $200 for it,
I have at least $250(Paid $100 for the axle initially) into it with the calipers/bushings. I'll clean it up some and prime it to your choice of gray/black.
Can be installed for the right price. Used springs also available - I bought new even though I didn't have to, mine turns out
weren't sagging.
Like it says above, front and rear seats, black cloth non-heated in good condition.
Engine cover - make an offer.
Set of headlights, possibly a set of hella's with projectors - have to have a go at reassembling one of them.
Extra set of Golf/NB Calipers - reconditioned, new boots/o-ring - I'd like $100 for the set.
Floor mats, have 2 complete sets, black cloth and a set of rubber winters. I'll try and get pics up.
I have a box to go through, will post more later.

Last edited:

JASONP

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI Comfortline 6spd
Aaron, I have to work all weekend sat and Sun, but if you need my VAG cable let me know I'll drop it off for you ,and sorry I can't get in touch with you this week, crazy $hit going on lately as you are aware.....
I may have some time to drop by Sat morning if I can

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Just my 2 cents worth, if you do the timing belt and buy a complete kit it comes with the cam seal, a new water pump, new mounting bolts etc. the engine is apart at that time why not replace anything that could be worn. Also had a new serpentine belt installed. Saves tearing it down a second time a few weeks later.

BTW, I just had my timing belt done at DCB (Brandon) last week. 119,000 km on the odometer. Now I should have relative peace of mind for 160.000 km.

Uberhare

Veteran Member
TDI
Too many.
For the cam/crank seals...I've seen more leaking after being replaced than before. I'd leave them alone unless there is any signs of seepage.

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
All back together yesterday, running well. Thanks Adam for the Cable and thanks JasonP for stopping by with yours.
Interior getting a huge clean today and in go the recaro's - hope they are worth it.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Recaros in, what is coming out? I should of gotten your address...been at home doing the honey do list all weekend ...happy to hear it is all good. Nice weather for working, I hate sweating in the garage, typical canuk, put the winter coveralls on, a good toque, and off I go. Like splitting wood, why would you do that in the heat? Besides, you get to take a newly split log, and toss it on the fire.....

C