02J Transmission...

RedRotors

Vendor
TDI
Golk 2k1 TDI / Dodge RAM 94', 2500, 4x4, Cummins
Hi,

I need to find a repair manual that cover the 02J tranny with all the torques, shims needed for the differential etc.. The Bentley that cover 1999 to 2003 dosen't have all that details..

Cheers,
Marc/

MarkIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver/Black, 2006 New Beetle Pkg#2 DSG Red/Black
I've found the Bentley CD to have more information than the hard-copy book. However, the book is more convenient when crawling under the car. I have both.

RedRotors

Vendor
TDI
Golk 2k1 TDI / Dodge RAM 94', 2500, 4x4, Cummins
Mark,

Is there any exploded view of the tranny, with torque and shims information?

Cheers,
Marc/

MarkIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS Silver/Black, 2006 New Beetle Pkg#2 DSG Red/Black
Hey Marc,
I just took a look at my electronic version of Bentley's. The 02J transmission is covered in excruciating detail...must be over a hundred pages. I don't have an easy answer.
The pages within the electronic version have hot-links to hundreds of places throughout the publication to bring appropriate information to bear. If I knew of a specific need I could maybe spend some time and gin up some information for you. There is no single drawing or table with answers to your questions. I'd need to do a pretty thorough search to distill the information to a useful level. Bolt torques are at times referenced to a table according to bolt sizes, or are hidden in the text of the numerous "cook-book" procedures.

There is a final-drive shimming procedure appearing to require special tools, thrust washer, dial indicator and quite an assortment of shims.

You really need to see the book...but I'd help if I can, if you have the time for me to lookup your requests. I'm only home late evenings.

--Mark