Rear Valance/Diffuser for B7

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
Hello there.
I made a research on European and Chinese websites and the options are very limited.
I saw that VR6 rear bumper is nicer, does not have the plastic diffuser. But that is like 400$ here in US. Not many junkyards around me, plus they do not really have a lot of B7 V6.
Did anyone change their diffuser to dual exhaust or a different type of diffuser?
Most of them are for CC not for B7 NMS.
If you could share your experiences, I would be happy.
IMG]https://s3.amazonaws.com/cn-static/si/sw1280/10219/10219_st1280_119.jpg[/IMG][/RESIZE]
IMG]https://parts.vw.com/images/parts/VW/fullsize/12-2801_0272.jpg[/IMG][/RESIZE]

Last edited:

jck66

Top Post Dawg
TDI
12 Passat SE / 14 BMW 535d
Be careful when looking at overseas suppliers as "B7" and "NMS" are not the same thing. The Euro car is totally different (B7) than the Chinese + North American car (NMS).

IIRC there was a tdiclub member who adapted the V6 rear valence to his TDI but it had a dummy exhaust pipe rather than a real dual exhaust.

franky67

TDI
2013 Passat TDI Se
Be careful when looking at overseas suppliers as "B7" and "NMS" are not the same thing. The Euro car is totally different (B7) than the Chinese + North American car (NMS).

IIRC there was a tdiclub member who adapted the V6 rear valence to his TDI but it had a dummy exhaust pipe rather than a real dual exhaust.
I actually paid attention to the difference between B7 and NMS however,
most of asian websites do not have any reviews
or detailed info about the part they sell which
pushed me to ask people if they had previous experiences.
I am confused. You mean V6 rear valance has a single exhaust ?
I saw some V6 pictures with single one it might be optional?

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE

That was me. Well, I was one who did it. I dont know if I was the only one.

I will have to sort through my photos to see if they are still hosted online.

edit: Unfortunately my pics were hosted on photobucket and I deleted the pics when they tried charging $400 to host photos.

Last edited:

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Volkswagen Jetta tdi 2014
That was me. Well, I was one who did it. I dont know if I was the only one.

I will have to sort through my photos to see if they are still hosted online.

edit: Unfortunately my pics were hosted on photobucket and I deleted the pics when they tried charging $400 to host photos.
Was it hard to adapt the v6 diffuser to a tdi?