Picking up the wife's new car today!

Just Adam

TDI
2012 Golf (wife's)
The day has come. I'm taking a trip down to Langhorne to visit our friend Chris. He's taking our Mini Cooper and I'm bringing my wife a new Golf TDI with tech package. It's a 4 door in graphite blue with manual transmission (Yes, my wife knows about it- I've seen people make THAT mistake before.)

I'll try to take some pictures and finish the story when I get home Sunday night. I'm going to stay with my parents in NJ for a few nights and try to catch up with some friends.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Well have fun in this snow. Look for GTGs here we have 2-3 a year her at the HO5G in So NH.

We have GURUs here to help you.

GraniteRooster

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 JSW 6MT
Congrats, and nice choice!

Evans Expressmart @ Exit 16 Rt 89 is a great place to to fuel up - they were at B5 for a long time, switched to B20 for a few months, and they just switched back to B5 at the pump on the biodiesel island. In my mind, its worth a couple minutes drive every other tank to keep some bio in the tank, and Evans has done a nice job bringing biodiesel to the Upper Valley. Plus, one of the Evans family turned out to be my next door neighbor - very nice guy, so I throw my business to them as often as I can.

Have not seen many Tech's in our neck of the woods yet - hope your wife enjoys her classy new car. Have fun with it!!

4tdi

TDI
'12 manual trans. tech.
they do a good job of getting you in and on your way quickly. hope you get the right certificate of origin... they sent me one for a different car so i couldnt license mine. didnt return phone calls or email until i contacted vw customer care. they got my money and i got wrong vin paper work and stone walled until i got vw customer care on their tales. got it taken care of. had to vent lol. you will luv the car, i do mine

Just Adam

TDI
2012 Golf (wife's)
Everything went well yesterday. A thank you to Chris at Langhorne for putting together a great deal.

So far I've only driven the car back to my family's house in NJ (in the rain, at night) so I don't have a great feel for it yet, but I'm very impressed. It's a LOT of car for the money IMO. Considering the fact that we never pushed the Mini Cooper to it's limits (which to those of you who have driven one know just how scary fast they can be) I think the Golf TDI will be a great replacement.

To the folks in NH- I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point- we wave back!

in2dwww

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2010 Jetta TDI Sedan 6MT - sold
Congratulations! I remember the day I bought my first TDI in 2009. It was fun to go through the process and even more fun to discover how everything works. You'll probably be begging your wife all the time for permission to drive it.

When I asked the saleswoman about break-in period and things like that, she looked at me, smiled, and said "Just drive, honey." She was so right.

2010 Jetta. 100,000 miles on the clock. Not a single problem.

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
Adam Keep an eye on the meets tab & the eastcoast thread. There will BE GTGs posted there and the HO5G has the TDIclub lift available.

Corvus

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
Everything went well yesterday. A thank you to Chris at Langhorne for putting together a great deal.

So far I've only driven the car back to my family's house in NJ (in the rain, at night) so I don't have a great feel for it yet, but I'm very impressed. It's a LOT of car for the money IMO. Considering the fact that we never pushed the Mini Cooper to it's limits (which to those of you who have driven one know just how scary fast they can be) I think the Golf TDI will be a great replacement.

To the folks in NH- I'm sure we'll cross paths at some point- we wave back!
I was the guy who got my 2012 Jetta from Chris right before you got your Golf!! Hope your car is doing as well as mine has done. It was nice to see you and your dad at Langhorne!

C.

Just Adam

TDI
2012 Golf (wife's)
I was the guy who got my 2012 Jetta from Chris right before you got your Golf!! Hope your car is doing as well as mine has done. It was nice to see you and your dad at Langhorne!

C.
Hi there. Did you have a nice safe trip home?

It was nice to meet you briefly- and thanks for entertaining my father. :D

Corvus

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
Yes, I made it to NYC safely. Thanks! Next week I'll make my first long trip back down south with the new TDI.

So far so good with the car. I hope you guys have great luck with your new Golf. It sure looked nice.

I enjoyed chatting with your dad! Hope you guys are doing well.

C.

JettaTDiPA

Veteran Member
TDI
Owned 2011 JSW DSG for 16mo.
The day has come. I'm taking a trip down to Langhorne to visit our friend Chris. He's taking our Mini Cooper and I'm bringing my wife a new Golf TDI with tech package. It's a 4 door in graphite blue with manual transmission (Yes, my wife knows about it- I've seen people make THAT mistake before.)

I'll try to take some pictures and finish the story when I get home Sunday night. I'm going to stay with my parents in NJ for a few nights and try to catch up with some friends.
Did Chris order your car or does he have 6m as inventory? Hope you enjoy it- I love my wagon, but if I had it to do over, I would have purchased the Golf.
I envy!

SummerinSoCal

TDI
2012 Golf 4dr GBM Tech Man
I just drove mine home!

I just drove 300 miles to get this exact car! I originally ordered white base, but after taking months because of the recall and the dealer being a bit elusive I decided to pass. So glad I did. Still a bit torn between the candy white and blue grahpite, but absolutely love that we decided to upgrade to the Tech. The original salesman told us KESSY wasn't available on the 6 speed. I would've been so upset to see that it was available and I didn't have it. It is my absolute favorite feature on my FX.

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
Congratulations! I remember the day I bought my first TDI in 2009. It was fun to go through the process and even more fun to discover how everything works. You'll probably be begging your wife all the time for permission to drive it.

When I asked the saleswoman about break-in period and things like that, she looked at me, smiled, and said "Just drive, honey." She was so right.

2010 Jetta. 100,000 miles on the clock. Not a single problem.
LOVIN those stories of happy CR owners. See guys ? they are out there....

Just Adam

TDI
2012 Golf (wife's)
Did Chris order your car or does he have 6m as inventory? Hope you enjoy it- I love my wagon, but if I had it to do over, I would have purchased the Golf.
I envy!
He had the car in stock and the monroney sticker said it was sold to and shipped to VW of Langhorne.
Give him a shout- he was great to work with and I hope he's still around when we buy our next VW.

Corvus

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat
He had the car in stock and the monroney sticker said it was sold to and shipped to VW of Langhorne.
Give him a shout- he was great to work with and I hope he's still around when we buy our next VW.
I second what you said in your last sentence!

C.