Unable to get Dropdown Menus in UserCP

John C

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2001 Glactic Blue Peral - SOLD
Hello,

I'm trying to get the option of being notified when a thread I initiated or responded to has some activity. When I go into the 'User Options' and attempt to change the default by clicking on the dropdown menu, I cannot get any response. Thsi is true for all dropdown menus in this area. I was able to change other preferences in user options, so I think I am accessing the edit function correctly.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

John C

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
If using Firefox for a browser, get the "no script" extention (Tools/Extensions). With it installed you can selectively allow Java at any website that incorporate scripts.

JJ

John C

Veteran Member
TDI
Nope, not using Firefox. I'm in via Compuserve via their default browser. I've not had this problem elsewhere on the web.

John C

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
If your browser does not support the pull down menus, click onthe "Thread Tools" link and it will transport you down to the bottom of the page (or go there directly). On the left side you will see a section called "thread tools". One of the options is "Subscribe to this thread".

John C

Veteran Member
TDI
OK, I can use the thread tools as a fallback; however, I seem to use drop down menus elsewhere :confused:

John C

John C

Veteran Member
TDI
OK, I got this solved by going into the web site via MS Internet Explorer and teh dropdown menus worked OK. Apparently it is a conflict issue with Compuserve, my normal browser :(

Now we'll see if I get any response notofications :eek:

John C

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
They are restricting Java script somehow with their browser....perhaps you can ask Compuserv TechHelp if they have a way to adjust/allow for trusted sites.