2012 Passat TDI - fuse

CalibreTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, 2012 Passat
Could anyone tell me where I can find the fuse for the lighter outlets?
Someone threw something in the outlet and it busted the fuse.

Thx,

Calibre

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
i'd take the multimeter and find the one thats open, simple enough!

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
There is no fuse diagram - so it's all guess & check.

Ace Deprave

Veteran Member
TDI
Former owner of a 2012 Passat SE TDI (traded for a 2015 Golf R)
I had the same fuse blow when I was on vacation. Found a dealership around the block from our hotel, and they didn't have a fuse diagram. We found it, I believe it is on the bottom row. It is a 30 amp fuse.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
If no one else knows and you do figure it out could you let us know. I have an intermittent fault with no power to the outlet I've been trying to fix.

Last edited:

Ace Deprave

Veteran Member
TDI
Former owner of a 2012 Passat SE TDI (traded for a 2015 Golf R)
I just took a picture of mine, and verified that this is the correct fuse. It is the single 30A fuse on the bottom row.

ColoradoDriver

Veteran Member
TDI
Previously: 2012 Candy White Passat TDI SEL. Sold back to VW. Now: Only gas vehicles, including 2017 Passat V6 SEL Premium
I am working on a fuse diagrams package now. Hope to post the info in few days.

ColoradoDriver

Veteran Member
TDI
Previously: 2012 Candy White Passat TDI SEL. Sold back to VW. Now: Only gas vehicles, including 2017 Passat V6 SEL Premium
That would be great! I need to wire in my radar detector, and having that would help me pick the best fuse to tap into.
For the radar detector, use a fuse buddy to share the bottom-most 30A fuse shown in the picture, above. That is what I did for my V1. Works great. Is only hot when ignition is on.

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
For the radar detector, use a fuse buddy to share the bottom-most 30A fuse shown in the picture, above. That is what I did for my V1. Works great. Is only hot when ignition is on.
Cool, thanks!

One thing that irritated the crap out of me on my Accord is that every fuse was always hot, even the ones for things that were only on when the ignition was on, like the 12v power plugs.

EDIT: One question for you - where's the best place to hook up the ground wire?

Last edited:

ColoradoDriver

Veteran Member
TDI
Cool, thanks!

One thing that irritated the crap out of me on my Accord is that every fuse was always hot, even the ones for things that were only on when the ignition was on, like the 12v power plugs.

EDIT: One question for you - where's the best place to hook up the ground wire?
There is a torx screw that holds the top of the fuse panel. I used a loop under that screw for the ground. By using the fuse buddy and this ground, it is easy to return to stock if needed without any damage.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Then take your DMM and test the impedance the negitive lead to any other bare metal you see and think is well grounded, you should get around .1ohm for a solid ground, anything higher and somethings not right.

Ramairetransam

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
thanks ill be wiring my passat tdi tonight for my 9500ix . Its ****ty the fuse diagram inst listed on the panel . Really annoying .

Ramairetransam

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI
Thanks for the chart. I'd like to put this into a chart and be able to print it out on a sticky label to put in the door