Looking for frostheater help and pics

countryboy9799

TDI
None
Hi, I would like it if you guys could post some pics of where the hoses hook up to the engine for a 2009 DSG. Is there a difference between the DSG and manual as far as putting an engine heater in?

countryboy9799

TDI
None
What I am looking for is pics and information on where it hooks up to the engine. I dont have the frost heater just yet and would like to get a good idea of where I am looking to be working. Does the heater just hook into 2 spots or does it get to be more of a mess? Thanks

jwmack

TDI
2006 Jetta
countryboy:

Frostheater kits come with very detailed instructions and pictures (and a bag of M&Ms). Anything more than changing the oil in a car is a challenge for me, and I found installing a Frostheater was very straightforward.

I would think the only differences between the manual and DSG kits are the shape of the mounting bracket and the lengths of coolant tubes. Try emailing Evan Frost (manufacturer, email on his website) if you have questions beyond that.

Good luck!

countryboy9799

TDI
None
Hi jwmack, what I am trying to do is get some pics of where this thing hooks up. If anyone out there has any it would be greatly appreciated. I sent you a PM

Last edited:

Turbine Suburban

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 6 manual Gone! V6 Mustang now.
Pics wil be tough, it is IN THERE.
If you are thinking of doing this without the kit, forget it.
Get the kit.