www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery

Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery Do you have a TDI or Diesel not listed above? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old July 13th, 2016, 07:35   #61
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Hi Andrew, thank you for the kind words.
It's all Bobby really :-) I just throw money in his general direction.

The car is very much stronger now, we have such an improvement in the mid to top end, it feels like when you go from stock car to remapped all over again!

We are waiting on final development before releasing figures but we have got a good improvement in 1/4 mile terminal speed.

Original Darkside tune was 96-97
Bobby's Tune was 98-99
CP3 pump on we are doing consistent 102-103mph terminal speed - A great real world improvement.

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 340hp 625nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3 Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio
xjay1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2016, 09:27   #62
YukonLT
Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast

Fuel Economy: Good

Hell yeah! Great work, love seeing someone push this pump set up further!!
Old July 13th, 2016, 13:45   #63
2micron

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjay1337 View Post
Hi Andrew, thank you for the kind words.
It's all Bobby really :-) I just throw money in his general direction.
The car is very much stronger now, we have such an improvement in the mid to top end, it feels like when you go from stock car to remapped all over again!
We are waiting on final development before releasing figures but we have got a good improvement in 1/4 mile terminal speed.
Original Darkside tune was 96-97
Bobby's Tune was 98-99
CP3 pump on we are doing consistent 102-103mph terminal speed - A great real world improvement.
Wonderful. You guys are incredible and your work is amazing.
The entire Tdi community world wide is truly impressed and waiting for Bobby to make the next advancement!!! He is solving issues that no one else in the World has solved.
Truly Congrats Gents!
Andrew
2micron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2016, 12:07   #64
jeepnguy

TDI(s): 2011 JSW

Beautiful welds
Old July 29th, 2016, 17:40   #65
SJay

Very impressive and inspiring build. You and Bobby are doing a very good job. Because of you guys i'm also building a gtb2260vk turbo on my car (Golf 6 CBAB).

Do you know what your 1/4 mile time is at this moment?

Keep on going on the good work!
SJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2016, 08:17   #66
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepnguy View Post
Beautiful welds
Cheers, I'm guessing you are on about the welds on the harness bar.. that's Alex's handywork.

I can't weld

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJay View Post
Very impressive and inspiring build. You and Bobby are doing a very good job. Because of you guys i'm also building a gtb2260vk turbo on my car (Golf 6 CBAB).
Do you know what your 1/4 mile time is at this moment?
Keep on going on the good work!

My 1/4 mile is 14s dead.

I could do better, I think easily 13.7, but I've only done one drag event since the new fuel pump and I had a track day the day after, so I was not launching the car hard. I also had new tyres (Dunlop Direzzas) which were 'too grippy' (there is such a thing!)

I'm glad you guys like the build.

Will be progressing as soon as we can. I need to build my bank balance back up first.

Hybrid VKLR, BSR Ported Head, BSR Valve Springs, BSR CP3, 340hp 625nm Built and mapped by Bobby Singh , THS IC, Revo/Forge Custom Intake, Mocal Oil Cooler, 3 Eurojet TBE, AKS Quickshifter, Recaro Pole Positions, Schroth 4 point harnesses, Rear seat removal, R bumper, Carbon Fibre GT24 Bonnet, VWR Spoiler, OZ 18x9 Et43, AM DB9 front brakes, Audi S3 rears, Polar FIS, Hertz Audio
Old September 28th, 2016, 04:27   #67
xjay1337
Veteran Member

No further engine tuning at the moment, just enjoying the power and smoothness of it all from Bobby's CP3 kit and tune.
Over winter I am going to source a new cylinder head, we will have it ported and refit with new HG and upgraded valve springs and any other bits we need to do.

IMG_3917-1 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

IMG_3920-3 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

That's how the car sits at the moment. I added some racing decals and a rear wing from one of the VW Cup series cars. Very noticeable improvement in how planted the rear feels over 80/90mph, will help on track.

Old September 28th, 2016, 07:19   #68
Devilz

Fuel Economy: 38.6 UK MPG

Impressive work Jamie.

I have booked my vehicle with Bobby as well for stage 2 tune. Can't wait........
Devilz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2016, 08:18   #69
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Thanks bud.
Wont be disappointed. My friend also has scirocco 170 that i had bobby tune.
Very impressive, keeps up annoyingly well with mine. He did 209 at surrey rolling road even with clutch slip! Well worth it :-)

Old September 28th, 2016, 10:35   #70
ATR
Veteran Member

Race mode activated

***Official maintenance schedule for your VW [PDFs inside]***
ATR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2016, 03:33   #71
xjay1337
Veteran Member

20161006_132845-01 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Not sure on the michelin man now though...thinking of making taking off the large one on the rear.

Anyway, went to Santa Pod yesterday, had a good day.

2016-10-09_07-18-29 by Fat Bear Photography, on Flickr

Set a new PB, 13.6 @ 102.

I'm sure I could get to a 13.3 or 13.4, but I didn't want to break the car and I was happy to finally get into the 13s. Had a bit of luck with launching

Old October 13th, 2016, 23:13   #72
ATR
Veteran Member

Very nice!!

Great to see Diesel power doing so well

Old October 17th, 2016, 21:40   #73
3L3M3NT
Veteran Member

It's awesome to see the progress on the car. That's a great time on the drag strip.
Like you mentioned, yeah you might be able to get a faster time but at what cost... it's no fun to have to get your car towed home after some goes out.

I say ditch the Michelin man unless they're a sponsor and giving you a discount on tires.

Looking forward to see what it can do on the track.
Old October 19th, 2016, 04:10   #74
xjay1337
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3L3M3NT View Post
It's awesome to see the progress on the car. That's a great time on the drag strip.
Like you mentioned, yeah you might be able to get a faster time but at what cost... it's no fun to have to get your car towed home after some goes out.
I say ditch the Michelin man unless they're a sponsor and giving you a discount on tires.
Looking forward to see what it can do on the track.
Thanks buddy

I have snapped a driveshaft on this car before, last time I was at Santa Pod actually. And blew up the gearbox on my old 1.9 Mk5 there a few years ago. You soon learn!

Only sponsor on that is AKS. Alex is a good friend of mine and is probably second only to Bobby in terms of the help I've had on the car.
I may remove it but will probably put a smaller sticker in there. Originally I had OZ and Forge (UK motorsport supplier) stickers on my original design.
The rest of the stickers are of things that are/have been on the car

Tracktime on Sunday at Silverstone circuit, hopefully will have some footage if I remember the Go-Pro lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATR View Post
Very nice!!

Great to see Diesel power doing so well

Thanks dude!
I'm hoping after the Winters upgrades to be in the high 12s, but we will see.

Last edited by xjay1337; October 19th, 2016 at 04:12.
Old October 19th, 2016, 12:33   #75
ATR
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjay1337 View Post
Thanks buddy

I have snapped a driveshaft on this car before, last time I was at Santa Pod actually. And blew up the gearbox on my old 1.9 Mk5 there a few years ago. You soon learn!

Only sponsor on that is AKS. Alex is a good friend of mine and is probably second only to Bobby in terms of the help I've had on the car.
I may remove it but will probably put a smaller sticker in there. Originally I had OZ and Forge (UK motorsport supplier) stickers on my original design.
The rest of the stickers are of things that are/have been on the car

Tracktime on Sunday at Silverstone circuit, hopefully will have some footage if I remember the Go-Pro lol.

Thanks dude!
I'm hoping after the Winters upgrades to be in the high 12s, but we will see.
Rock & roll!
Looking forward to seeing that!