Status
Not open for further replies.

dbs600

TDI
2017 VW Passat 1.8T SEL Premium
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well.

Need help with the following.

Get in my car, start it, drive off, doors automatically lock, get to my destination, put it in park (doors remain locked, which I want them to remain so for security), turn off the car, open the drivers door, get out, go to open the rear passenger door (or any other door for that matter, etc.) and said door remains locked.

Any way to have either all doors or the vehicle side unlock upon getting out of / opening of the driver's door whether after vehicle shut down or while it's still running? This is very frustrating, because I find my self having to go back to the driver's door to unlock it in order to access the other doors. Just returned a GLI and could've sworn that I never had this issue.

Please advise.

Thank you!

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Have you checked/played with the settings in the MFD (or whatever it's called)?
Have you checked the owner's manual?

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Hi everyone,

Hope all is well.

Need help with the following.

Get in my car, start it, drive off, doors automatically lock, get to my destination, put it in park (doors remain locked, which I want them to remain so for security), turn off the car, open the drivers door, get out, go to open the rear passenger door (or any other door for that matter, etc.) and said door remains locked.

Any way to have either all doors or the vehicle side unlock upon getting out of / opening of the driver's door whether after vehicle shut down or while it's still running? This is very frustrating, because I find my self having to go back to the driver's door to unlock it in order to access the other doors. Just returned a GLI and could've sworn that I never had this issue.

Please advise.

Thank you!
I believe you will need to get into the computer via a VCDS cable/software.

But just for curiosities sake is it so difficult to hit the door unlock button at the drivers door or on the remote click unlock twice?:rolleyes:

dbs600

TDI
Have you checked/played with the settings in the MFD (or whatever it's called)?
Have you checked the owner's manual?
I have and can't figure this one out. :|

I believe you will need to get into the computer via a VCDS cable/software.

But just for curiosities sake is it so difficult to hit the door unlock button at the drivers door or on the remote click unlock twice?:rolleyes:
Argh.

Not sure, but just very much a habit of other cars unlocking when the drivers door is opened. :|

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
I believe if you have the car auto unlock via MFD, it will when you place the car in park not when you open the drivers door.

dbs600

TDI
I believe if you have the car auto unlock via MFD, it will when you place the car in park not when you open the drivers door.
I'm sorry, but can you please clarify?

I'd like to do the following:

Put car in park after a drive (doors don't automatically unlock; desired for safety) and, whether or not car is kept on or turned off, you can open your driver's door, get out, open your driver's side rear door, and it opens / is unlocked.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Side note, why are you parking where you don't feel safe?

I think what you're asking for isn't standard. On our '15 I think when we place it in park it unlocks all doors, sounds like you're '17 may be slightly different. I think there is some ECM changes in the '17 that aren't around in the '15.

dbs600

TDI
Side note, why are you parking where you don't feel safe?

I think what you're asking for isn't standard. On our '15 I think when we place it in park it unlocks all doors, sounds like you're '17 may be slightly different. I think there is some ECM changes in the '17 that aren't around in the '15.
Sometimes one might want to put the car in Park in the middle of the road. Other times I'm always concerned for safety, no matter if where I am is in fact known to be safe. When I'm in my car and not ready to get out, all doors are always locked. It's imperative, and a no brainer, in my opinion, don't you think, no?

Having a car that automatically unlocks when put in Park is not smart. I'd rather the hassle of having to press the unlock button each and every time, but the car should be able to unlock all doors - or a vehicle side - upon the driver's door being opened. Thought that's how it was on my 2016 GLI, and it's how it is on my other cars. :|

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Side note, in my ride, I shut off that pesky auto lock at 10 mph feature, (reminds me of a '90 buick) my doors are always unlocked when driving, I've had too many issues with door lock actuators and fuel door actuators fail to be investing in replacements.

Glad that's an easy fix from VCDS

BTW you guys seem to enjoy bantering back and forth, I hope you're at least able to realize that ;)

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Guilty...nothing interesting going on in the Avalon world...except peace and quiet...boring...

dbs600

TDI
Side note, in my ride, I shut off that pesky auto lock at 10 mph feature, (reminds me of a '90 buick) my doors are always unlocked when driving, I've had too many issues with door lock actuators and fuel door actuators fail to be investing in replacements.

Glad that's an easy fix from VCDS

BTW you guys seem to enjoy bantering back and forth, I hope you're at least able to realize that ;)
Wish auto door unlock upon door open would be an easy fix from VCDS too; no reason it couldn't have been; many options in there already.

Yes, tdi seemed like a nice fella at first, but I've realized he's just about wasting others' time / his own ****s and giggles. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.