DSG After Fix, 2015 Passat

mejpassat

TDI
2015 Passat TDi (NOS), 2014 passat TDI (Buy back), 2001 Tdi Golf (Gifted to Son)
I was wondering if any of you who have done the fix or purchased a 2015 NOS TDi have noticed a sluggishness in shifting at cruising speeds of 65-75 MPH.
Today I did a 500 mile round trip and found that when flooring the pedal to the metal to pass it would be very sluggish like 1-3 seconds of lag time. Is this normal after the fix?
The Passat has 3K miles on it.
If so, it is most definitely not ideal :(

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Did you try manually shifting and flooring it at that speed? It may need to go through the learning phase. 3000 miles isn't really broken in yet. Diesels take at least 10k miles to loosen up.

j2112morris

TDI
2014 Audi Q5 Premium Plus TDI (sold)
I have about 15K on my fix. I am certain there was a DSG flash associated with the Stage 1 fix. I, too, have a car that is very sluggish since the fix. I often find myself switching to manual-matic mode for passing at highway speeds. Very disappointed but the MPG is basically the same so I can live with it.

Also, my Adblue use has nearly doubled but that has nothing to do with the power, as far as I can tell. Just wanted to offer you another unexpected result of the fix.

Drive safe.

Last edited:

mejpassat

TDI
2015 Passat TDi (NOS), 2014 passat TDI (Buy back), 2001 Tdi Golf (Gifted to Son)
Did you try manually shifting and flooring it at that speed? It may need to go through the learning phase. 3000 miles isn't really broken in yet. Diesels take at least 10k miles to loosen up.
Thanks for the tips. Going to try sport mode at cruise speed and see what it does.

mejpassat

TDI
adblue

I have about 15K on my fix. I am certain there was a DSG flash associated with the Stage 1 fix. I, too, have a car that is very sluggish since the fix. I often find myself switching to manual-matic mode for passing at highway speeds. Very disappointed but the MPG is basically the same so I can live with it.

Also, my Adblue use has nearly doubled but that has nothing to do with the power, as far as I can tell. Just wanted to offer you another unexpected result of the fix.

Drive safe.
I noticed the larger consumption of adblue as well. Very seldom had to add any in my 2014.....Like you, getting decent mpg even though it isn't broken in yet.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Are these '15 still able to go 10K on a full tank of adblue or do they top out at 6-8K?

Our '15 has just over 5k now.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
That has me curious now, before the software update I would do roughly 1 liter per 600 miles. I keep a supply on hand and add some soon. I keep track of the mileage when I add the DEF fluid.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
I was wondering if any of you who have done the fix or purchased a 2015 NOS TDi have noticed a sluggishness in shifting at cruising speeds of 65-75 MPH.
Today I did a 500 mile round trip and found that when flooring the pedal to the metal to pass it would be very sluggish like 1-3 seconds of lag time. Is this normal after the fix?
The Passat has 3K miles on it.
If so, it is most definitely not ideal :(
Yes it's very sluggish compared to my unfixed 2010 Jetta. I have to double check I think they changed the gear ratio. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=478094&page=2

Last edited:

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Yes it's very sluggish compared to my unfixed 2010 Jetta. I have to double check I think they changed the gear ratio.
Just think? How long was the car in for, for the fix? To change the gear ration would mean tearing the transmission apart ! Several hours to do that.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
Just think? How long was the car in for, for the fix? To change the gear ration would mean tearing the transmission apart ! Several hours to do that.
This was done for the new model year. Not the fix.

mejpassat

TDI
Same gears

This was done for the new model year. Not the fix.
Well I did a comparison check and the gearing is the same for both model years.

Tonight coming home, I put it in sport mode and at 65mph, I floored it.

The results were a wind up in rpm from about 1745 to 3000. at about the 3000 mark it was like the either the turbo caught up or something. It took about 1 to 2 seconds to get a response. It then moved along good.