www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery

Other TDI/Diesel Picture Gallery Do you have a TDI or Diesel not listed above? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old June 20th, 2016, 09:45   #76
TDIMeister
Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast
Moderator at Large

TDI(s): TDI

Timing belt, water pump and oil/filter change at 298,115 km, then drove 900 km home. Inching to 300k km. . But Looking back at past posts, the last TB changed was done in the fall of 2013 at 242,985 km, so I was way ahead of the interval km-wise; I thought I last replaced the belt earlier after I got the car in my hands and with fewer kms - I guess I should read the posts here first before making big and expensive decisions... The belt still looked great but with the 12mm injection pump I didn't want to push it anywhere near the full 100k km anyway - the first-generation automatic ALHs with 11mm injection pump recommended 40k mile (~65k km) TB replacements so I don't really regret the peace-of-mind of having done it, but it came at an inconvenient time and parts were very hard to get with the perceived rush and urgency that didn't turn out to be the case...

Also fixed a coolant leak at the hoses from the water pump outlet to the cylinder head flange alongside the block.

Edit: I can tell that the stretching TB had retarded the injection timing sufficiently to have a noticeable effect on fuel consumption. Coming down I was doing about 5.4 L/100 km on the highway, returning after I'm at 5.0 (with AC on all the way). The drive is all-freeway over 900 km and I do it so frequently that I'm confidently aware of even small differences in fuel consumption. That alone is worth something. If I average a 5% hit in fuel economy over 100k km interval, based on my Fuelly running cost of 6 cents per km, that will mean $300.

TDIMeister's German-imported 1998 Audi A4 Avant TDI quattro

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.

Last edited by TDIMeister; June 20th, 2016 at 09:53.
TDIMeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2016, 11:18   #77
Alcaid
Veteran Member

When will we see a sequential compound setup on this one?
'83 VW Jetta 1.6TTD - Holset HE200WG-5cm + Custom Holset HX30W-12cm compound, 12mm Dieselmeken pump, Rosten rods, girdle, Ported AAZ head with custom valves, valve springs, Ti retainers, camshaft +++ WIP
Alcaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2016, 14:00   #78
PeeWee
Veteran Member

Keep on rocking that Audi
PeeWee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 06:41   #79
TDIMeister
Moderator at Large

Oil filter change with Mobil 1 0W-40 European Car Formula / Mobil 1 Extended Performance Oil Filter @314136. A little over 100000 km in less than 3 years in my hands. Still soldering on.

Are you receiving unwelcome sales solicitations or inappropriate, harassing messages in your PM? You can report them by pressing the image on the top right of the message in a similar way as reporting inappropriate posts.
Old October 8th, 2016, 07:35   #80
Windex
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: ʎɯouoɔƎ lǝnℲ

Looking at your fuelly, you've been all over the place this past year!

Proudly installing things where they're not supposed to go since 1996!
Windex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 17:52   #81
TDIMeister
Moderator at Large

British Columbia and back, almost exactly 9000 km - under $450 in fuel and only a flat tire.