Euro License Plates.

lafours1138

TDI
GLS TDI, 2004, Black
Hi guys,

I love the site and it has helped me tremendously since buying my TDI in July.

My question is:
Is it possible to mount euro plates to our cars. I have a 2004 Jetta GLS TDI and was interested in attaching a custom german plate to the front of my car. When I was looking at the front of the car, I didn't notice any mount holes or anything for a license plate. Would I have to attach the frame and plate with an adhesive of some kind? I really wouldn't want to resort to that.

Any help would be appreciated.

VDubVerruckt

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL, Reflex Silver
You live in Germany?
That's one thing I could never understand...

You'd more than likely have to screw the frame to the bumper. I don't think adhesive tape would be strong enough to keep it affixed while subjected to the elements. You'd have to get the Euro plate frame for the Euro plate and mount it that way.

tdi_tim

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Don't drill holes in a virgin bumper!

Get some 3M automotive double-sided tape. It's the same stuff they use to hold body kits on, so it shouldn't have any trouble keeping your license plate on.

lafours1138

TDI
GLS TDI, 2004, Black
Thanks Tim, I'll try that.

Yea, I never intended to drill holes into the bumper. Was hoping for a less drastic solution.

Thanks!

dasnamen

TDI
2003 Jetta Reflex Silver
Check the web...most places like europeanlicenseplates.com sell the plates and the brackets. BTW the existing plate holder comes off and the euro plate holder uses the same holes to remount to the bumper...no tape and no new holes!