Where to buy a bypass oil filter kit

TDiT04

TDI
04 GOLF
Hey guys I was going to do a bypass oil filter on my 04 tdi and went to dieselgeek who had one the last time I checked and now nothing. Anyone know where to get one, or who sells them?

armyschus

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf S TDI, Blue Silk Metalic, 6M
He has stopped selling them at least one time. He has been doing some redesign work on them and may not offer them again until his redesign is done. You might post a WTB add for what you are looking for. I have one on my 2005 Jetta TDI and have been looking for one to fit my wife's 2006 Jetta TDI.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
There is a thread on his bypass kits on the vendor forsale page. He has to make several before it is worth doing and he may have just run out of the last one again. Call him or email him to see if there is another one to come available. Also might be good to get the updated line that feeds straight into the head instead of the oil cap. That is my next upgrade with the timing belt.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Look for Oilguard units...www.oilguard.com. The small unit H115S works very well in these cars. The older EPS-10 units also work well if you can find them. Bolt to the battery case, tap the 5mm fitting in the stock oil filter housing for inlet line, run the return line to the oil filler neck of the valve cover, done.

Riflesmith

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 6M, 2015 Golf TDI 6A
Fabricate Your Own Mount

Fabricate your own mount. Purchase the filter head and bypass filter from an Amsoil dealer or from the Amsoil web site. They also have an adapter fitting to go from the metric thread of the oil pressure sensor to NPT. I made my mount bracket from a rectangular piece of 3/16" aluminum plate. I attached the plate to the oil filter canister using 3" U-bolts from the local hardware store. The hoses were made at a local store to my specs as well.

B100

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Thanks for the compliments!

Unfortunately, I will most likely discontinue this kit once I run out.

electrobent

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 MK IV Golf GLS
Thanks!

I met my local Amsoil dealer and bought an oil analysis kit. He even pulled the sample for me when I could not find my pump. He is just down the street and has stock in his garage. Said he literally sells a ton of oil a month.

I'll see what OAS says. Follow their rec for this batch, and change next time at 5/6 the OAS recommended OCI. Then I'll change out the $32 BP90 and maybe swap to DEO.

What was the outcome of the TDT VS DEO debate?

TooSlick

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Audi 100S
Jim,

Are you getting out of the bypass filter kit design business all together? I thought the kits were very elegantly designed, by the way....

TS

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
Thanks for the good words on the design, TooSlick.

I am taking a break from making more bypass setups. I have other projects going. There is a chance that I won't make them anymore.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
How many had you been doing per "batch"? If one of us could order 10-20 at a time, would that improve the chances that you would make them again? I wouldn't mind stockpiling them for the club... I really believe in them!

osesu96

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI - Platinum Gray
How many had you been doing per "batch"? If one of us could order 10-20 at a time, would that improve the chances that you would make them again? I wouldn't mind stockpiling them for the club... I really believe in them!
^^^ What he said... I'd love to get one for the BRM as I love what it is doing for my BEW. $$ in hand Jim...

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I'd like one(1) for a BRM. Perhaps it is time to run a batch..

Please consider this a firm order. :)

Bill
Unfortunately, I have no plans of making a new run of BRM setups. Demand was very weak at the end of selling out of the last run. Sorry to be blunt but it is not a good use of my time or funds.

Dieselgeek

TDI
2016 Golf TDI
I believe in them too.

I would be interested in selling the bypass plans for a fee but right now I have no current plans on producing more kits. Please call me if you are interested 210 852 4819.

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I was supposed to sell my house 2 weeks ago, but it's turning into a mess. I now hope to close next week, and I will give you a call about buying the bypass plans as soon as it goes through. Thank you!