Intermittent Power Loss

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
As of yesterday I've begun to experience an intermittent power loss. Most of the time the car is OK untill I hit the throttle, the boost starts to rise say maybe to 10-15 psi then dies, and the car does not accelerate. Well it does go faster, but it's real slow to gain speed. At the same time the engine sounds LOUD. It sounds like a Duramax or something, not an exhaust sound but more like a diesel engine rattle. Interestingly enough if I slow down like when pulling up to a stop sign I then often have a normal response from the go pedal when I take off. The boost goes up to normal (25 or so psi) and I accelerate like usual. Also the engine quiets down for this one event. Then it's back to no power/boost/go and a noisy engine.

Recently I'd replaced a hose running from the vacuum pump to the brake booster as the car had been sucking brake fluid from the master cylinder's resevoir. This hose has a check valve that I'm assuming was defective. Right after I did this install the car ran great with full power and no longer sucked brake fluid. But now (several days later) it's acting funny again with only occasional times or normal acceleration and limited or no boost.

I'm assuming there is some vacuum problem. I did notice the outlet of the vacuum pump was loose when I installed the new hose. I'm wondering if it could be the vacuum pump, maybe the N75 valvle or even just a bad vacuum hose. I got under the car and all the turbo bolts and hoses are fine as are the intake and exhaust manifolds along with the turbo boost pipes.

Anyone have an idea? Thanks

Never mind...fixed it. Loose injector

Last edited: