Passat TDI SEL Opera Red with Titan Black Interior

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
Ordered my car on 11/4. The exact same car. Man the wait is killing me. Thans for the photos.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
Thanks! Yep, the wait is the killer.

My dealer said two others ordered at the same time are held up now.

They just cannot keep with the parts needed. They exceeded all predictions.

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Looks great! Like mine - except the interior (mine's cornsilk)!

verylongdrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf,2001
Congratulations.
Now, while you're in exploration mode, enquiring minds of not-yet-owners want to know:
-how adjustable are the front headrests, especially tilt/front-to-back? (And, in order to be able to check for comfort by trying it out in the presence of clueless salesfolk: how do you adjust them?)
-What is visible in the vicinity of the outer tail lights' blanked white section? Socket hole, knock-out blank, stub wire, unused connector pin, unused harness connector pin, anything?

TIA.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
Congratulations.
Now, while you're in exploration mode, enquiring minds of not-yet-owners want to know:
-how adjustable are the front headrests, especially tilt/front-to-back? (And, in order to be able to check for comfort by trying it out in the presence of clueless salesfolk: how do you adjust them?)
-What is visible in the vicinity of the outer tail lights' blanked white section? Socket hole, knock-out blank, stub wire, unused connector pin, unused harness connector pin, anything?

TIA.
Head rests are NOT adjustable like the 05's. Only up and down.

Can't really see anything in the white part of the taillight. It is long and narrow and you can see the curved reflector inside with the bulbs but nothing else. No wires no empty sockets.

verylongdrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf,2001
Head rests are NOT adjustable like the 05's. Only up and down.
That's terrible. So if you're too short for the too-forward portion to fit against your neck, all you can do is set it way high to get it out of your way.
Though this is apparently in response to a new law requring a certain amount of forwardness (not publicised much, as you can find in car forums all over where people think it's just their fav. manufacturer having suddenly gone nuts a few years ago), I noticed a Fiat 500 in a parking lot recently which had the headrests at a far less intrusive angle. So it is possible under the new law - unless Chrysler forgot to Americanize that detail, and will be forced to have a recall to eliminate comfortable seating.

Can't really see anything in the white part of the taillight. It is long and narrow and you can see the curved reflector inside with the bulbs but nothing else. No wires no empty sockets.
As far as wires and connectors go, I was rather thinking of the area behind the light, where the dealer will be less than happy for me to dig. Could you have a look?

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
That's terrible. So if you're too short for the too-forward portion to fit against your neck, all you can do is set it way high to get it out of your way.
Though this is apparently in response to a new law requring a certain amount of forwardness (not publicised much, as you can find in car forums all over where people think it's just their fav. manufacturer having suddenly gone nuts a few years ago), I noticed a Fiat 500 in a parking lot recently which had the headrests at a far less intrusive angle. So it is possible under the new law - unless Chrysler forgot to Americanize that detail, and will be forced to have a recall to eliminate comfortable seating.

As far as wires and connectors go, I was rather thinking of the area behind the light, where the dealer will be less than happy for me to dig. Could you have a look?
I could look when I get back from vacation. There are access ports but will need to check how you get in. It is in the manual, I just have to re-read that part. :)

firstVWtdi

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL Premium
One week short of 6 months!

I have not logged in for so long I had to have my password reset! :D I had nothing to add and nothing to ask. But finally, just one week short of a 6 month wait, I took delivery of my Opera Red / Titan Black TDI SEL Premium yesterday! :D

From what I have been reading I guess my next step will be to read the manual! :) Can't seem to quit smiling...

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
I have not logged in for so long I had to have my password reset! :D I had nothing to add and nothing to ask. But finally, just one week short of a 6 month wait, I took delivery of my Opera Red / Titan Black TDI SEL Premium yesterday! :D

From what I have been reading I guess my next step will be to read the manual! :) Can't seem to quit smiling...

Good choice!!! :)

BlackLab

TDI
2012 Passat if it ever gets here.
Wow. I hope mine does not go 6 months. According to Askavwsalesguy.com it is being built right now. We ordered it over 3 months ago.