luk clutch

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
anyone know if i have for sure the luk clutch before i start saving up for a vr6 one im putting ive got my injectors and chip going in in the first week in september and was saving for a new clutch incase of imediate clutch slip but then i read a few threads that may suggest i have a beefier clutch than some its a mk 4 golf gt 110 ahf s reg 1998-99 im sure i will find out soon enough but i just thought id ask out of curiousity it just might save me a few quid i dont know how much torque it can hold or how much i will have with pp520s and chip but it would be nice if anyone could shed any light on it cheers.

bayshorecs

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Golf
I think it *should* be, but I also don't think there is an easy way to tell.

Some of the guru's who are very used to different clutch feels might be able to tell by the feel of the clutch.

Not that it helps you though...

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
i have a psi powerbox on it at the moment and it i can stamp on the throttle however i like and its fine but i guess with the nozzles even though there only one grade of injectors up they should give me more tourque than i have now the pedal does feel firmer than i was expecting lighter than my last car but that was a big gas 200bhp v6 so youd expect it to be lighter i guess i can just go ahead with the install and when iistamp on the go pedal hope for the best .
i have noticed allard do an uprated friction disc for the dual mass flywheel which keeps the stock feel but can hold allot more tourque anyone tried these

bwlcoolidge

TDI
2006 jetta tdi manual 90k
call a local dealer parts dept and give them your VIN number and they can look it up in the computer and find out which clutch/flywheel was originally put in you car at the factory. I did it with mine a few weeks ago