Bumper Scratches

ctennyson

TDI
2010 Jetta
Some arse hole hit the front corner of my bumper today in a parking lot and of course took off. Unfortunately I was inside shopping at the time and didnt notice until I got home. Trim was pulled off around the wheel well too.

I was soooooo pissed.

Anyhow the scratches are very noticable gouge's in the plastic. Just wondering how these could be fixed ?

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Sounds like you need a new bumper cover and have it painted to match. Call your insurance Co. Depends if you have a high deductable ,whether you will have to cough up the expense. If it is just small scratches it can be repainted. Either way it's going to be some money. I had a bumper painted sometime ago and it was $500 or so as I remember.

VincenzaV

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Post large and clear pics, or we really can't help with this other then give you generic info you can Google. I'm a car detailer, and I often laugh when people say "I have a few scratches, from hitting XXX, it can buff out, right?". I see it and try not to laugh at them.

The general rule is if you can catch your fingernail, in anyway, on the scratch, it's not coming out. Technically, scratches don't come out. You are leveling (or lowering) the paint around the scratch to "hide" it. Lowering it too deep may hide the scratch, but destroy the area around it.

Need pics to advise...

Last edited: