www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old May 19th, 2017, 11:00   #5056
Scotsman

Got through to the helpline today. Submitted 28 April, green checks for 2 weeks and on Monday I was 'escalated'. Call to find out progress. Same info as last week, ' you offer letter is being reviewed'. When I pointed that this was dragging on and many offers had been made to later submitters and that I would like to know what happened as a result of the escalation, the response was ' we have 4 months to make you an offer according to the agreement' then some words to the effect, don't call us, we'll call you. Wish there was another option but they own the process.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:23   #5057
kodered

TDI(s): 2012 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
Got through to the helpline today. Submitted 28 April, green checks for 2 weeks and on Monday I was 'escalated'. Call to find out progress. Same info as last week, ' you offer letter is being reviewed'. When I pointed that this was dragging on and many offers had been made to later submitters and that I would like to know what happened as a result of the escalation, the response was ' we have 4 months to make you an offer according to the agreement' then some words to the effect, don't call us, we'll call you. Wish there was another option but they own the process.
Keep calling them back. I was in the same situation as you, last week they told me my offer letter was being reviewed (issued May 11th), and when I called today I was told that it was rejected, and that they had no reason listed. I requested a supervisor, and our famous forum friend "Kyle the supervisor" told me he would escalate it and that I should call back in 3-5 business days.

Called back later today because I get different stories from these people each time, magically got through the call queue in less than a minute because I accidently selected French. Lady on the end looked into it and said that they had made a mistake in the offer letter and are now drafting a new one.

I just wish they would give us status updates instead of us having to call them on a daily basis.
kodered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:41   #5058
Kenshin

TDI(s): A3 TDI

I don't expect we get very far right now, it's the long weekend. Even next week might be moving slowly for everyone.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 12:22   #5059
settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by settings View Post
Said I would give an update when there was movement...
  • Live in Quebec
  • Own my 2009 Jetta
  • Apr 28 Created account
  • Apr 29 Uploaded final document
  • May 6 Document status changed to "Document Complete" (green check marks)
  • May 18 Received email that documents were complete (ie. that the above happened 12 days earlier?)
  • May 19 Email that offer was ready (same as the estimate earlier in the process)
  • May 19 Printed, signed, and uploaded offer and release
I'll let you know how long until they validate and how far out the earliest appointment is.
BTW, these last couple of emails came in around midnihgt, thus it's likely a batch process that runs overnight
Received an email around 3pm on the same day that the offer letter was accepted and I could schedule an appointment.
Earliest available date was June 5th, and it didn't seem to matter as I tried a few dealerships. All dates and all times (every hour) was open.
settings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 13:00   #5060
n1d0n
Veteran Member

Lol now I know people that requested their offer by mail and they recieved it. Wow
n1d0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 13:05   #5061
Motley
Veteran Member

I just received a call from the Co-ordinator at the dealership I had planned to return the car to, Cambridge VW. She told me that the car had to be in original factory condition with spare tyre and jack, owners manual, no winter tires, etc.

I thought the settlement stipulated that the thing only had to run under it's own power.

She asked if I was considering purchasing another VW? I told her "never again!"
Motley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 13:17   #5062
Scotsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodered View Post
Keep calling them back. I was in the same situation as you, last week they told me my offer letter was being reviewed (issued May 11th), and when I called today I was told that it was rejected, and that they had no reason listed. I requested a supervisor, and our famous forum friend "Kyle the supervisor" told me he would escalate it and that I should call back in 3-5 business days.

Called back later today because I get different stories from these people each time, magically got through the call queue in less than a minute because I accidently selected French. Lady on the end looked into it and said that they had made a mistake in the offer letter and are now drafting a new one.

I just wish they would give us status updates instead of us having to call them on a daily basis.
Yup, got the same story last week. My letter was prepared but the review process found an error related to the mileage. Their's, not mine. So back it went into the shuffle for a new letter. Still waiting a week later. Also got a call from the dealership finance guy asking how things are going. I know the fellow so I tempered my response to 'just the facts ma'am'. They are helpless in this situation as well.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 13:35   #5063
jbone14

I see everyone so far is either from Ontario or Quebec that has received a buy back date (could have missed someone). Has anyone from BC had an offer letter uploaded and ACCEPTED with a call back for a date? I uploaded my signed offer on May 16th and it is still under review...
jbone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 13:37   #5064
Dydx

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone14 View Post
I see everyone so far is either from Ontario or Quebec that has received a buy back date (could have missed someone). Has anyone from BC had an offer letter uploaded and ACCEPTED with a call back for a date? I uploaded my signed offer on May 16th and it is still under review...

I know there are people in BC who have buyback dates.
Dydx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 13:39   #5065
Soundguy

Is there anyone out there who has a return date for their car that they are trading in for a 2015 TDI? Talked to my dealer today and he has 22 confirmed return buybacks starting May 25, but not one for someone who is trading in and buying a new 2015 TDI. I sent my offer in 2 weeks ago and am still waiting for a return date to trade my car in on a 2015 Passat TDI. I wonder if they are holding us back for some reason.
Soundguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 13:54   #5066
kodered

TDI(s): 2012 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motley View Post
I just received a call from the Co-ordinator at the dealership I had planned to return the car to, Cambridge VW. She told me that the car had to be in original factory condition with spare tyre and jack, owners manual, no winter tires, etc.

I thought the settlement stipulated that the thing only had to run under it's own power.

She asked if I was considering purchasing another VW? I told her "never again!"

According to #21 of the FAQ, as long as it's normal wear and tear or accidental damage, you should be ok. I suppose if your summer tires were unsafe for the road, then your winter tires would suffice

From the settlement site:

"Except for mileage, the physical condition of your Eligible Vehicle does not affect its
Vehicle Value (see Question 19) or Fair Market Value (see Question 20) as long as it is
due to normal wear and tear or accidental damage. Intentional damage, including
stripping of parts, may result in the Claims Administrator denying a claim for a Buyback
or Trade-In. If you have questions, please refer them to the Canadian Settlement Claims
Centre by calling 1-888-670-4773."
kodered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 14:08   #5067
jbone14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dydx View Post
I know there are people in BC who have buyback dates.
Is this speculative or factual?
Old May 19th, 2017, 14:12   #5068
Dydx

Quote:
Is this speculative or factual?
that's from several reports on the tdi FB group
Dydx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 14:17   #5069
jbone14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dydx View Post
that's from several reports on the tdi FB group
Oh ok thats great to know thanks, i am not in the FB group
Old May 19th, 2017, 15:43   #5070
tobianogreg
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2013 Jetta

Quote:
Yup, Aug 25 1100am. Call back will occur 15-20 days prior.
tobianogreg is offline   Reply With Quote