www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal

Dieselgate - VW Group Emission Scandal Discussion around the VW Dieselgate Emissions scandal. Details and news updates can be viewed here: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=448336 This forum is a work in progress depending on requirements, usage, etc.

Old May 19th, 2017, 08:08   #5041
jbone14

Quote:
Originally Posted by richyrich View Post
Has any Canadian who is leasing sold to a friend/spouse in order to be able to register as an eligible owner? I know this was a loophole in the US deal, does it exist in the Canadian deal I wonder?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucsar View Post
This has me curious as well, because I read about it maybe a month ago ? Not sure about us here in Canada, but I do remember the person in the U.S. was very adamant about having family member buy out the lease and then sell it back. I'm sure if you do a search " lease " it should come up.
I guess its possible if it was prior to the cut-off for eligibility hey?
jbone14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:21   #5042
settings

Default Update

[Edited to include all activity on May 19th]

Said I would give an update when there was movement...
  • Live in Quebec
  • Own my 2009 Jetta
  • Apr 28 Created account
  • Apr 29 Uploaded final document
  • May 6 Document status changed to "Document Complete" (green check marks)
  • May 18 Received email that documents were complete (ie. that the above happened 12 days earlier?)
  • May 19 Email that offer was ready (same as the estimate earlier in the process)
  • May 19 Printed, signed, and uploaded offer and release
  • May 19 Email the same afternoon to schedule my appointment (June 5th was the earliest at all dealers I looked up)
  • May 20 VW Claims Scheduling Centre called to verify my odometer reading and my appointment details

BTW, the "documents complete" email and offer email both came in around midnight, 24hrs apart, thus it's likely a batch process that runs overnight

Last edited by settings; May 20th, 2017 at 07:58. Reason: up-to-date information
settings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:28   #5043
PlaneCrazy
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Gone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by settings View Post
Said I would give an update when there was movement...
  • Live in Quebec
  • Own my 2009 Jetta
  • Apr 28 Created account
  • Apr 29 Uploaded final document
  • May 6 Document status changed to "Document Complete" (green check marks)
  • May 18 Received email that documents were complete (ie. that the above happened 12 days earlier?)
  • May 19 Email that offer was ready (same as the estimate earlier in the process)
  • May 19 Printed, signed, and uploaded offer and release
I'll let you know how long until they validate and how far out the earliest appointment is.
BTW, these last couple of emails came in around midnihgt, thus it's likely a batch process that runs overnight
You must be the first, from QC, on this forum.

I never got the "documents complete" email. Can't get a straight answer out of RicePoint either. So I am worried that our file is stuck in limbo because something on the portal isn't working right.
'16 Marinoni Genius/Campy Record, '94 Marinoni Special/Campy Record
PlaneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 08:58   #5044
ecode
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk6 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbone14 View Post
I guess its possible if it was prior to the cut-off for eligibility hey?
Yes, if you find a way to go back in time and buy the car out of it's lease before Sept 2015, then it works. However if you do solve the time travel paradox, claiming eligible owner status in the VW settlement is probably not your highest priority.

But the ONLY way to be an eligible owner, in Canada is to have done that. Bought the car prior to the scandal.

Unlike the US, where the person who owns the car right now is the eligible owner, regardless of when, how, who they bought it.
ecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:22   #5045
konamon

TDI(s): 09 Jetta TDI

Like the rest of you I have read all 337 pages but cannot remember if I read what VW is doing with the new 2015 Jetta TDI "to make them new". My first encounter with the salesman said they would be changing the tires, replacing calipers, oil change, etc. My 2nd visit with the salesman told me that they weren't changing the tires because for the last 2 years they claim the cars were moved a bit and then the next month same process. I said that must have been a bit tricky moving them around in all the snow, no response. As far as the rest of the stuff he said he didn't know. I then contacted VW who told me to contact the dealer for this information. I thought I would turn to you folks to see if you could help me.
konamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:22   #5046
settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaneCrazy View Post
You must be the first, from QC, on this forum.
I never got the "documents complete" email. Can't get a straight answer out of RicePoint either. So I am worried that our file is stuck in limbo because something on the portal isn't working right.
I never called, but it did seem like it was stuck in limbo with no communication.
The emails were 24 hrs apart. I thought it was strange to confirm "documents complete" twelve days later, but it may be one process that they truly "finalized" the documents and send the offer all in one shot (speculation).
settings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:28   #5047
haunruh
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42.6 mpg Cdn (= 35.5 US) mostly city

My progress thus far:
Apr. 28 created account; confirmed Apr. 28 9:38 am, validated Apr. 28 5:22 pm
Apr 28 Submitted documents; confirmed receipt Apr. 28 6:52 pm
May 4 Documents Complete (green check marks), confirmed (email twice) 8:31 am and again May 5 4:36 pm
May 11 received 2 identical emails - Notice of Approval of VW Class Action (why so late??)
May 16 called Ricepoint to ask status; was informed something wrong with $ amount to be given
May 18 called Ricepoint again, status still the same; asked to expedite the claim since upcoming vacation; he indicated he had put on an "escalation" request ....
Waiting .....
2003 Chevy 2500HD 6.6L Duramax/Allison PPE Programmer
1969 Mercury Cougar Eliminator (original owner) website: http://harrya.webs.com
haunruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:28   #5048
Ptplayers
Veteran Member

I just went back to step 8 and resubmitted , see if that pushes things along .
Old May 19th, 2017, 09:42   #5049
richyrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptplayers View Post
I just went back to step 8 and resubmitted , see if that pushes things along .
Risky move IMO. Most likely that will set your "submitted date" as today and put you back of the line. Seems only fair if other people have submitted all their docs before you.
richyrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 10:02   #5050
Ptplayers
Veteran Member

Well we know first in first out does not work as i originally submitted doc on the 28th when port first opened .

There have been people on this forum and the lovely Fb page who submitted after and had offers within a few days .

Really dont care anymore just seeing what happens .:-)
Old May 19th, 2017, 10:35   #5051
ecode
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Mk6 Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by konamon View Post
Like the rest of you I have read all 337 pages but cannot remember if I read what VW is doing with the new 2015 Jetta TDI "to make them new". My first encounter with the salesman said they would be changing the tires, replacing calipers, oil change, etc. My 2nd visit with the salesman told me that they weren't changing the tires because for the last 2 years they claim the cars were moved a bit and then the next month same process. I said that must have been a bit tricky moving them around in all the snow, no response. As far as the rest of the stuff he said he didn't know. I then contacted VW who told me to contact the dealer for this information. I thought I would turn to you folks to see if you could help me.
You are pretty much on your own on this one. There was no public 'list' of things that each dealer 'had' to do... not one outlining how they were supposed to be stored, nor what to do after.

That's probably why there's a big discount... so when your tires wear out 50% faster, or a coolant line cracks from rot, you have some spare money to fix it.

Some dealers had a list that they created to show buyers what they did. Some even jacked the PDI cost up to cover it...

Again, up to you to decide if it's worth it.

Assuming you can even find a 2015 left to buy.
ecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 10:40   #5052
paperthin
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 15 A3 TDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecode View Post
You are pretty much on your own on this one. There was no public 'list' of things that each dealer 'had' to do... not one outlining how they were supposed to be stored, nor what to do after.

That's probably why there's a big discount... so when your tires wear out 50% faster, or a coolant line cracks from rot, you have some spare money to fix it.

Some dealers had a list that they created to show buyers what they did. Some even jacked the PDI cost up to cover it...

Again, up to you to decide if it's worth it.

Assuming you can even find a 2015 left to buy.
Hence why I am looking for a turned in one. I don't mind one that is unmaintained but driven
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:00   #5053
Scotsman

Got through to the helpline today. Submitted 28 April, green checks for 2 weeks and on Monday I was 'escalated'. Call to find out progress. Same info as last week, ' you offer letter is being reviewed'. When I pointed that this was dragging on and many offers had been made to later submitters and that I would like to know what happened as a result of the escalation, the response was ' we have 4 months to make you an offer according to the agreement' then some words to the effect, don't call us, we'll call you. Wish there was another option but they own the process.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:23   #5054
kodered

TDI(s): 2012 Jetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
Got through to the helpline today. Submitted 28 April, green checks for 2 weeks and on Monday I was 'escalated'. Call to find out progress. Same info as last week, ' you offer letter is being reviewed'. When I pointed that this was dragging on and many offers had been made to later submitters and that I would like to know what happened as a result of the escalation, the response was ' we have 4 months to make you an offer according to the agreement' then some words to the effect, don't call us, we'll call you. Wish there was another option but they own the process.
Keep calling them back. I was in the same situation as you, last week they told me my offer letter was being reviewed (issued May 11th), and when I called today I was told that it was rejected, and that they had no reason listed. I requested a supervisor, and our famous forum friend "Kyle the supervisor" told me he would escalate it and that I should call back in 3-5 business days.

Called back later today because I get different stories from these people each time, magically got through the call queue in less than a minute because I accidently selected French. Lady on the end looked into it and said that they had made a mistake in the offer letter and are now drafting a new one.

I just wish they would give us status updates instead of us having to call them on a daily basis.
kodered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 11:41   #5055
Kenshin

TDI(s): A3 TDI

I don't expect we get very far right now, it's the long weekend. Even next week might be moving slowly for everyone.
Kenshin is offline   Reply With Quote