www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Non VW Group Diesels

Non VW Group Diesels This section is for discusion of Non VWGroup Diesels.

View Poll Results: What interests you about this thread?
Technical info on this car 1 50.00%
First person accounts of a new owner 2 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 2. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 1st, 2017, 22:18   #391
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Great city car right? Zips around with sure feet. How do you like your car so far?
ssamalin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 08:57   #392
*zepman

so far so good, i'm a little annoyed by the door lock pegs on the door, wish i could remove them
*zepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:30   #393
*zepman

Quote:
Originally Posted by *zepman View Post
so far so good, i'm a little annoyed by the door lock pegs on the door, wish i could remove them
Just picked up some aftermarket ones, gonna give those a try
Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:32   #394
ssamalin
Veteran Member

It's a theft concern? Kids getting loose? I never touch those pegs, never really noticed them. I lock unlock exclusively with my fob. Also, you seem to be maybe wary and not expecting much from the car ("so far, so good"). Any reason you're not as beaming as I am?

PS: I checked back in this thread. It was stated that changing the air filter meant moving aside the ECM, not while doing oil changes. Sorry for the miss info. I don't know if this info is correct either.

Last edited by ssamalin; May 7th, 2017 at 21:31.
Old May 3rd, 2017, 15:30   #395
*zepman

naah, it's Great to drive and i love driving it... maybe i didn't come across as being enthusiastic, but i can't see my self driving anything else in this price point
Old May 7th, 2017, 16:05   #396
2004PassatTDI
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssamalin View Post
How'd the oil change go?
I have about 6,500 miles before the oil change is required. Will do it sooner.
Last tank lasted me 750 miles going back and forth to work. I peeked under the engine cover. Getting to the oil filter looks easy.
I'm liking the car more and more. Acceleration is very good for what I need it to do. Passing is not a problem at all. Even the Sport suspension is growing on me. Comfortable, but when you go into the corners hard, it firms up.
2004 Passat - 985.4 MAX Miles on 1 Vented Tank. Eibach Lowering Springs, Bilstein HD, Neuspeed RSB, RC2, www.speedhut.com boost gauge. Zender Rear Lip Spoiler, Balance Shaft upgrade, CAT back, Hot air delete, LED interior lights.

2016 E250 - Stock
2004PassatTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2017, 13:31   #397
IFRCFI
Veteran Member

No 2017 MB diesels in US.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/t...s-benz-diesel/
IFRCFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 07:33   #398
jnecr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFRCFI View Post

Uh-oh.. somebody here is gonna need to be on suicide watch..
Old May 11th, 2017, 08:27   #399
RebelTDI
Veteran Member

I have only read negative news regarding MB and diesels in the USA. They say sales of MB diesels are a small fraction of total MB sales, so they feel it isn't worth it. It may be that BMW and Jaguar are the only choices left.
RebelTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2017, 11:16   #400
IndigoBlueWagon
TDIClub Enthusiast
Principal IDParts
Vendor
w/Business number

Fuel Economy: 50/45/37

That's a shame, since Mercedes used to be the leader in diesel automobiles in the US.
Old May 16th, 2017, 05:33   #401
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Or:

http://newscar2017.com/mercedes/2018...uxury-car.html

is announced in a few months as I think it will from what I am reading about Mercedes working with CARB in 2017 and making enormous investments in clean diesel research. In any case, I won't need suicide watch since I am supremely satisfied with the 2014-16 E250BT and there are currently 11 of them on my search of the CPO on my app with about 25k miles selling for 10-15k less than what I paid new in 2015. I'm set for the foreseeable future, 2018s or not. I don't buy a car for a Navi, I buy it for a car, and in that Mercedes delivers 100%.

Last edited by ssamalin; May 16th, 2017 at 05:56.
Old May 17th, 2017, 07:24   #402
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Default Poll Results Are In: A+ Driving and Handling

Every owner here has spoken about what it's like to drive the E250BT and raved about it's handling and power. That includes myself, drivbiwire, *zepman, 2004PassatTDI, bobdfsh and camarones(GLK250BT). That's 6 out of 6 for thumbs way up. There was a lot of negative hearsay here by non-owners about what they "had been hearing and reading" about how this car drives. Well we've got our own impressive show of hands and it's clear this car handles and drives fantastically.

Last edited by ssamalin; May 17th, 2017 at 16:57.
Old May 17th, 2017, 18:36   #403
jnecr
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 40ish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssamalin View Post
There was a lot of negative hearsay here by non-owners about what they "had been hearing and reading" about how this car drives.

Who? Who said this? I haven't seen anything but praise [from you].
Old May 19th, 2017, 23:13   #404
ssamalin
Veteran Member

Default What Owner/Drivers say about E250BT

Whoever panned the car didn't test drive it. Here's what owners/drivers say:

2004PassatTDI: I'm liking the car more and more. Acceleration is very good for what I need it to do. Passing is not a problem at all. Even the Sport suspension is growing on me. Comfortable, but when you go into the corners hard, it firms up.

*zepman: it's Great to drive and i love driving it... maybe i didn't come across as being enthusiastic, but i can't see my self driving anything else in this price point

bobdfsh: We love the car. Great for highway driving.

drivbiwire: Unless you have the Sport package in which case it out handles the performance Audi's.

Combine that with the 4-Matic and its game on!

Steering feel is programmed since its an Electrical power steering system, artificial feel if you will like an airplane. With the lane control it even gives wheel feedback pulses when you are getting near the lanes border (Car can see the lines on the road), it will then simulate rumble strips despite perfectly smooth pavement.

The handling is almost unnatural in terms of grip and cornering capability.

It handles very well, think sport sedan, not plush SUV. HP and torque are awesome at 201/369. Definitely enough to move this 2+ ton vehicle with brick-like aerodynamics.

On the 100 mile drive home from the dealer, including almost 2 hours of West LA traffic and several long open stretches I averaged 37.6 mpg.

My usual 40 mile r/t 2 hour daily commute has me around 31.5 mpg... Lots of traffic.

Camarones(GLK): I love this thing! I like the higher seating position, no-drama acceleration, tight handling and overall utility. The AC is very effective and serves the rear seats wel. The column shifter is little odd at first but it does clear up a lot of console space. I do miss the tracking HIDs from my Golf. Never thought I'd say this but In 22 years of driving this is my first automatic and I do not miss shifting.

ssamalin: combination big cat, rocket sled and luxury liner

Last edited by ssamalin; May 19th, 2017 at 23:24.
Old May 21st, 2017, 22:53   #405
Drivbiwire
Zehntes Jahr der Veteran

Fuel Economy: Who cares, it's a diesel!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004PassatTDI View Post
I have about 6,500 miles before the oil change is required. Will do it sooner.
Last tank lasted me 750 miles going back and forth to work. I peeked under the engine cover. Getting to the oil filter looks easy.
I'm liking the car more and more. Acceleration is very good for what I need it to do. Passing is not a problem at all. Even the Sport suspension is growing on me. Comfortable, but when you go into the corners hard, it firms up.
DO NOT change it sooner!

8.5 liters of oil, double of what a V8 has and the oil is designed to easily go well over 20,000 on a change.

Early changes wear the motor out faster, FACT!
Drivbiwire is offline   Reply With Quote