Maf off!!!

Tin man.

TDI
golf tdi 150 passat tdi 130 seat leon tdi audi tt mk1 tdi
Need some help guys!!!
Hi i have a problem with a golf tdi arl 150, I have done a hard pipe conversion but there is no hole for the map sensor on the new piping and the hole on the alloy intercooler has been welded up and even if there was a hole the map harness would not reach the intercooler as the arl map sensor is located by the dipstick, so could i use this 04l 906 051c 4bar vag external map sensor and pipe it up to the boost guage takeoff pipe on the egr delete pipe, Would this work as i think the wiring would reach round the back???? Think darkside sell these sensors.

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
I don't see a reason you couldn't cut the wire and lengthen it.

I might drill and tap the inter-cooler as needed.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
I don't see a reason you couldn't cut the wire and lengthen it.

I might drill and tap the inter-cooler as needed.
I have done 2 different mounting setups. With my original manifold, I mounted the MAP to the EGR valve blank-off plate. Once I went PD150, I drilled a hole in the back of the manifold and mounted it directly to it. Plenty of length in the stock wiring.

Tin man.

TDI
Manifold looks good, i did not want to fit it that close to engine as i think it also measures air temp, and thought it might give bad reading, Fitting an external map with a rubber pipe conection would get it away from any engine heat, think i have found a ic pipe i can tweak. :)

wonneber

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagon,2003 Jetta 261K Sold but not forgotten
Manifold looks good, i did not want to fit it that close to engine as i think it also measures air temp, and thought it might give bad reading, Fitting an external map with a rubber pipe conection would get it away from any engine heat, think i have found a ic pipe i can tweak. :)
I would think (ut-oh) the air going through would be the measured temp.

If the hot car sat a minute or two it would measure higher until enough air passed through.

Maybe? :confused:

Tin man.

TDI
The map sensor on the second photo would be right above the turbo, it's going to get hot i would think..:D

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
The map sensor on the second photo would be right above the turbo, it's going to get hot i would think..:D
Nah - The sensor is internal to the manifold and reads quite well. With the car fully at temp, the sensor reads just above ambient temp. Reading at the intake is more accurate than reading at the intercooler, where most sensors are.

Even sitting in traffic at idle, the IATs do not creep up. I monitor them using my SGII.