Do all SEL premiums have highline cecm?

Rotarial

TDI
2006 Reflex Silver w/ Package 1
Very interested in buying a Passat but new to them (have had an 06 Jetta TDI for 7 years) and would love to finally have a highline. Also, are the hpfp, egr, and intercooler icing as big of issues in the 2013 or 2014 model years? Also, are any of those issues covered by the factory warranty from the dieselgate fix? I've heard the dsg was a lot better those years than it was in the 06 so that it's one thing I'm happy about. Thank you for all the help anyone can provide and I hope to join the Passat family soon :cool:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
The CKRA NMS Passat (2012-14) does not have the air-to-air intercooler that causes the condensation/icing problems from the low pressure EGR.

The run lower rail pressure and slightly different injectors than the CBEA/CJAA engines in the G/J/B/A3 too. They do not seem to be as bad about HPFP failures, but those seem to be rarer than the internet might lead you to believe anyway.

The issue the CKRA engines DO have, is they have a notoriously weak turbocharger. This prompted some improvements and a warranty extension for those. They also have SCR, and have had some problems with that system (tank heaters, sensors, etc.). These problems are made worse after Dieselgate. They even have some "bug" in the software that puts the car in unavoidable DEF countdown mode if you drive at 80+ for a while. They couldn't figure out a fix for this at first, not really sure they ever did.

They also have a problem with the heater cores clogging up, mainly due to the increased EGR duty post-Dieselgate fix that bakes the coolant so hot in the EGR cooler that the additives solidify and the next stop in the coolant flow from the EGR cooler is the heater core. There is a TSB about this, but there is not a way to "fix" it, you just have to expect it to need a new heater core every so often (these are not that bad to do, and do not require dash removal).

The DSGs are improved, and work better and are a good match to the much more powerful engine as compared to your BRM.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
If the car has factory fog lamps (which will turn on as cornering lamps when the headlight switch is in Auto) it has the highline BCM.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
If the car has factory fog lamps (which will turn on as cornering lamps when the headlight switch is in Auto) it has the highline BCM.
yeah, i found out the hard way after wiring mine. i have the midline. if you got front fogs, its highline.

Rotarial

TDI
2006 Reflex Silver w/ Package 1
Thank you very much for that info Oilhammer. I am not sure if it encouraged me, or scared me away though :) haha. Also, Is the same true for Jettas, that if they have front fogs then its a highline? Thank you again for all the helpful info.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The NCS Jetta doesn't use the same BCM / wiring system as the Golf / NMS Passat. It's more like a Polo I think? So, unless the Jetta has LEDs or Xenon lights, it doesn't have a high BCM. In cases without, it's like a Mk4 where the headlight switch itself does the power switching.

-J