Need a professional TDI mechanic for my BEW for upgrades and maintenance in MD/VA/DC

manics01

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI
Exactly as the title states. Need some referrals from "seasoned" TDI users for an experienced mechanic in the Annapolis, MD region to perform upgrades and maintenance to my BEW. Basically, the time to change the timing belt and to clean the intake manifold is approaching and I need someone who knows well how to do it on a BEW TDI and will not charge me an arm and a leg for that.
Thanks everyone!

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Unless you have some power mods you won't need to clean your intake. Yes it is dirty but unlikely enough to mess with performance. I say this as it is a HUGE pain to take off and clean and the timing belt has few related items to take off in relation to the intake. It will add to the labor cost is all I am saying. With that said I did clean mine out but I did it myself and it was a huge pain to do which is why the EGR is now blocked and the CCV has an oil catch in it now.

manics01

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon TDI
Mechanic

Thanks Guys!
I looked at the list by state and am interested in approaching Oliver Wegener of RallyVW here in Baltimore. It is quite close to Annapolis where I live. Anyone knows how to get his contacts?
Thanks again for your help!

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Thanks Guys!
I looked at the list by state and am interested in approaching Oliver Wegener of RallyVW here in Baltimore. It is quite close to Annapolis where I live. Anyone knows how to get his contacts?
Thanks again for your help!
Search this Thread reveals that Post 445 does contain links to his contact info. Sounds like the man in that part of the world

PDI_04

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon PD, 2004, Spice Red
Thumbs up for Oliver. Did a timing belt change and checked the camshaft at 120K miles on my BEW.