FINALLY got my TDI!

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Present: 05 Passat TDI Past: 06 Jetta TDI
Well I finally got my TDI- I have been lurking(and posting a little) on here for prolly 6 months now. I finally got a deal worked out to get rid of my Superduty for a brand new 06 Jetta TDI. I guess it is a package 0 or 1. It has the regular a/c and no MFD. Black exterior and Biege interior with the DSG....hell yeah! already put 117 miles on it and the fuel gauge is still at 7/8ths! awesome!

I would like to thank this site- as I have used it to gather a wealth of info about these cars before I went looking.:) I am sure I'll be posting more regular now.:D

edit- guess I need to change my sig now!

RAST

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
Wow, a black & tan! If you get a chance please post some pictures!! I'd love to see how the black looks with a tan interior.

Congratulations!!!

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
As soon as my digicam gets back(my dad barrowed it for his vacation) sunday- I'll get up some pictures.

JettaTDIMKV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
RAST said:
Wow, a black & tan! If you get a chance please post some pictures!! I'd love to see how the black looks with a tan interior.

Congratulations!!!
Here is a quick snap shot of mine, excuse the dirty foot prints on the mats ;)

RAST

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
Leedogg said:
Stormed here last night and the car was NASTY- spent a couple of hours today cleaning it and waxed it up.:D Looking decent again.
More than decent! That's a beautiful car!!

I love black when it's clean and shiny. It's the best color to show off. The black & tan is a lot better looking than I imagined :)

Thanks for posting the pics and Congratulations on your new TDI!

RAST

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Audi A3 TDI
JettaTDIMKV said:
Here is a quick snap shot of mine, excuse the dirty foot prints on the mats ;)
LOL you should see my mats!! Yours look pristine compared to my salt covered ones.

Thank you for the pic! That's a great color combination.

:)

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Gotta love black! ignore the dust on the paint.:) I like the Trans Ams reflection in it. Also added more pics to the album I posted above.

I was wearing a black soled shoes the day I bought it- and the left black marks on the carpet by the time I got home....suckage. Gonna have to get some mats myself....

JettaTDIMKV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
RAST said:
LOL you should see my mats!! Yours look pristine compared to my salt covered ones.

Thank you for the pic! That's a great color combination.

:)
I was sort of debating getting black.... but all the cars I have had have been black inside or a dark color.

I bit my tongue and just waited for the delivery (tan was my original reqeust) and am very pleased that I stuck with tan. :D

MPGeez!

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Black TDI 5M PK2
Welcome Leedogg. I've got black and tan too. No DSG though (long story) :( I'm a longtime V-dubber, but the '06 is my first TDI and I wonder every day why I didn't make the switch from gas 10 years ago. Enjoy your ride!

eyetdiman

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat TDI Sedan
Does anyone know if the heated leather seats from a Jetta A6 can be placed into an '04 Jetta.

(I ask because your seats look to be motor driven.)

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
MPGeez! said:
Welcome Leedogg. I've got black and tan too. No DSG though (long story) :( I'm a longtime V-dubber, but the '06 is my first TDI and I wonder every day why I didn't make the switch from gas 10 years ago. Enjoy your ride!

Thanks man! I love the DSG myself. I have the Trans Am you see in the reflection for when I want to bang some gears and at hellish and irresponsable(sp).:D I really took an interest in these cars when I saw an econo-box shoot out in one of the auto rags. The VW kicked ass in the highway driving(which is 80% of my driving) segment, and really got me to looking. Then I found this place, and started looking immediately. It took 6 months to get it done due to a couple of problems.(1-I was way upside down on the truck and 2- my ex wife screwed my credit after our divorce) But it is done now- and I couldn't be more pleased.

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Woohoo!! just filled my 2nd tank - 38.8mpg! This is up from 35.75 on the first tank. This was about 75% highway driving at around 80-ish. I love this car!

Car also cracked 1000 miles on the way home from work today...1000 miles in 2 weeks- one of which I was offshore.LOL

R-Sixxer

Veteran Member
TDI
06 1.9L
That is the only other black and tan jetta i've seen, other than my own. Such a classy little car! Very nice ride!

Dan_P

TDI
First time VW and TDI owner as of 1/4/06
That is very close to my first few tanks. I'm 70% hwy, 30% city about 80 miles / day to work and back. So far, the economy results, first to most recent have been:

38.9, 39.3, 39.1, 41.5, 41.3, and 42.2

The last was probably closer to 80% hwy and I also deliberately held my hwy speed when cruising at 70 mph indicated (probably closer to 66 or 67 actual). There is no doubt that high cruise speeds will cost mpg, another guy I work with that has a 2002 TDI cruises routinely at 80 to 90 mph and he only gets around 35 mpg (but he's ok with that, a gasser would be less efficient).

I now have about 3,800 miles on the car (haven't had it quite 2 months).

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
Nice Ride....I have to post some pics of my new 06 TDI once I get her cleaned up. Just got mine on 2/14, but we had snow recently so too dirty to take pics now.

Congrats on your new TDI!!!!!!!

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
R-Sixxer said:
That is the only other black and tan jetta i've seen, other than my own. Such a classy little car! Very nice ride!
Thanks! That makes 4 of us in this thread- yours, JettaTDIMKV, MPGeez, and mine.

Dan- cool man- glad to see it mapped out like that. judging by my miles at 1/2 a tank- I think this tank should be pushing 40. I drive from Brewton AL to Houma LA each week for work- so 10 miles an hour slower= about 45 more minutes of sleep I lose.LOL So a few mpg when I am already knocking on 40 doesn't matter to me either. I have been trying to keep it around 65-70 when running back and forth to P-cola this week at home though.

today made 2 weeks with the car and it is over 1300 miles now. put another 250 miles on it today.:D

no-blue-screen - post em up man! Congrats on the car- you'll love it!:)

no-blue-screen

TDI Nut
TDI
TDI
I already love it. I like the strange looks I get a stop lights and such. People can't figure out if my engine is falling apart...or if I am running a Diesel...ROFL.

UPDATE: Just cleaned her up today. Did mom's Volvo while I was at it. The pictures are now part of my signature. Did I mention how much I really LOVE this car?

Last edited:

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Good looking car!

I am stoked right now! filled up tonight(3rd tank) and it got almost 40.8 mpg! so my mileage chart goes: 35.75 - 38.82 - and 40.78. I am way satisfied- drive it like I want(using cruise and A/c and generally 10 over the speed limit) and still top 40 mpg! sweet.

Also the first tank I took down to the fuel light came on. it came on at 552 miles...I had to get a couple of gals at a local place to get me to my preferred filling station...but it made 636 miles on 15.6 gals total....I think it may get to the 600 mile/tank status pretty soon.

Stevied44

Congrats on the TDI Leedog, it's a gorgeous car, as is yours No-blue. That Jetta is really stunning in silver with the added flair. After going through just about every color VW had to offer, I finally settled on a 5 speed manual, platinum grey pkg#1 with those magnificent 17" Vision V wheels. My god I love that car! This is the 1st car that I've ever bought new with the color and options I wanted! Man I only had to wait until 44!

My daughter just found her own cherry little blue 2002 TDI 5sp Golf this past Saturday, and she's going to pick it up today. Daddy finally sold her on the economy of the TDI. She's on cloud nine let me tell you!

Have a good one!

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
Awesome man! yeah- it was either Platinum Gray(first choice) or Black for me. Dan_P, on here, beat me to the Platinum one they had!LOL But I am loving the Black- and I think it'll be sinister looking when I am done! I have a black GTI grille, M3 style spoiler, and 18" HP mesh wheels also in black planned already.

the 17" Visions- those are the thin 5 spoke polished aluminum wheels right? They had a set on a TDI Beetle at the dealer- NICE wheels!;)

Stevied44

A black GTI grill?? You're going for the custom look, cool. The Vision V wheels are the ones No-blue has on his silver streak. I really agonized over black but I'm lazy about washing. The color is truly magnificent when it's clean though. I'll bet that's going to be gorgeous with the GTI grill!

Enjoy!

Leedogg

Veteran Member
TDI
yep- I have had to purchase a small cleaning supply store since I nought it.LOL Just go done washing/waxing it about an hour ago. bought a clifornia water blade to dry it quicker to avoid h20 spots- it is awesome!

those are different wheels- still nice though!

My car will look alot like txsoot's(look in the Jetta Pics section) when I am done- just mine will be all black. Afterall- imitation is the sincererest form of flattery right?LOL

Last edited:

stanfuger

TDI
2005.5 Jetta & 2006 Jetta
Differences between 2005 and 2006

I just took delivery of my 2nd TDI today. Bought a 2005.5 Jetta TDI Pkg 2 in June 2005, now have 15K miles on her and getting about an honest 46-48 mpg, although the MFD says it is in the low 50's. The new TDI has 56 miles on her. I waited from 9/05. Pkg 2 with Nav system. So far, the Nav system is nice, although I've only made one trip from dealer to home. The amenities of the 06 are less than the 05.5, e.g. no garage door opener, no puddle light, no auto headlights, no rain sensing wipers, no rosewood panelling, less fancy gearshift knob, no rear sunshade. Of course, the '06 Pkg 2 price was about $1200 less than '05.5 price so I expected some deletions. I'd have liked the Nav system with my '05.5. Still my wife and I are an all diesel family now.

Mach1

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
05.5 Jetta 5 spd, 06 Jetta DE DSG, 04 F250 6L, 2000 F250 7.3L
I have 4 diesels now...and the 2005.5, which is loaded with accessories!!