Farewell to my Golf

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Said goodbye to my 2000 Golf "GTDI" a couple weeks ago. Had it for 9 years, drove 120K miles (to 258K total), did all kinds of mods, and had a blast with it.

I bought it initially to tow my dirt bike trailer, but it soon became my favorite car and my preferred one to drive. A couple years back I bought a sprinter van for the dirt bike duties, and at the time told my wife I would get rid of the Golf as the fleet had grown to 4 vehicles. One for her and 3 for me!

If it had a functional back seat it might had become her driver, but we wanted something bigger. Had a friend in need of budget transportation so I cut it loose.

See mods in my profile.

Thanks to all who help this be the outstanding forum that it is. I hope I was able to pull my weight with a few contributions along the way.

I am now searching for an oil burner to be her car, as my sprinter gets nearly the same mileage as her 2.0T Escape. Drove a 335D and it was a hoot, but the back seat is too small. Will look at newer Jetta as it seems to be just the right size, will be lurking in those sections to learn the scoop on the new engines.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
Glad this wasn't another wrecked or crushed my car post.
Good to hear someone else is still enjoying it.

3turboz

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GL Wolfsberg
Glad this wasn't another wrecked or crushed my car post.
Good to hear someone else is still enjoying it.
Nope, new owner is appreciating it.

Already had someone run up to him screaming "hey! your putting DIESEL in that car! :D