www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs

Audi SUVs (Q7 & Q5) and other V6 TDIs Discussions area for Audi Q7 and Q5 TDI (2009+ in Canada & the US) as well as others with the V6 TDI such as the A6, A7 and A8 sedans.

Old August 13th, 2019, 09:12   #16
Pittdawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryT82 View Post
Iíve owned two Q5 TDIís. Buy one with the S-Line package, B&O sound system, and try to find a prestige with adaptive cruise control. The prestige has little things that make driving it even better. My prestige was loaded with the S-alone package, adaptive cruise control, and the adaptive suspension. I should have kept that one.
That's the exact model I have and it's a joy to own.
Pittdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2019, 12:06   #17
EARL97850
Veteran Member

TDI(s): N/A

In my local area there is no Q5 TDI's available at all, but I've been trying to focus on the prestige trim.
EARL97850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 10:31   #18
Daemon64

Fuel Economy: 2153 Miles - Avg on Computer 30.1MPG

I got mine from carvana...

They don't have any this very second... but they usually have like 4 - 5 Q5 TDI's and they rotate through fairly regularly.

https://www.carvana.com/cars/audi-q5/tdi

So anyone nervous in the process....

You choose the car, request to purchase it, fill out the financing w/ them OR with your own bank. I recommend making them give you new plates ( this way you don't have to wait for them to transfer ). Then they schedule a delivery and bring the car to you... you get to look it over and do a 20 minute test drive... you can back out w/o any negatives... and can do this up to 3 times.... You then have 1 week and 400 miles of driving, and you can STILL back out. Have your mechanic look over the vehicle, any undisclosed damage body or otherwise, missing parts, not cleaned, issues with tires, mechanical issues, etc... You go back to them and tell them you're not happy, they comp you for it.... if it is mechanical they will request a quote and often pay your mechanic to take car of it.... body shop or etc....

First car i got from them was a 2013 Golf TDI - Was in mint condition, no issues, problems or etc...

Second car i got from them was my ( Cost 24.5k before any compensation )2015 Q5 TDI Premium+ w/ BO, Tow Hitch, Tech package w/ 48k miles on it.... Car had extra body scratches, didn't come detailed, was missing the tonneau cover, someone did a piss poor job repairing the bump..... they paid me back $1500, and paid a local body shop i trust well $1250 to replace the rear bumper w/ audi new paint it, and do a full paint correction / detail. ... keep in mind i could see the whole carfax, was a southern off-lease w/ full dealer maintenance...

All and all I am fairly happy with the service... first car was perfect, second they made it worth my while... the trick is to manage it... but honestly if i didn't like the car so much i could have told them to #sand and give me another car.
Daemon64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2019, 11:33   #19
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon64 View Post
I got mine from carvana...

They don't have any this very second... but they usually have like 4 - 5 Q5 TDI's and they rotate through fairly regularly.
Thats a nice option Daemon didn't think of that and gives you a safety net if it goes bad.

Two other options for you EARL97850

1) Go to an Audi dealership and ask them to find what you are looking for. I did this for giggles and they said their Used Car buyer would have to be on the lookout and it might take some time. They'll charge you a finders fee. You might get lucky with a one owner TDI being brought back to Audi.

2) Find a used luxury dealership or friend that has a license for the Mannheim Auto Auction (this is the route I went) Set the parameters for whatever specifics you want....prestige or premium plus, florett silver, s-line package etc. You will be charged a fee as well for this process if its a dealer.
----Each Monday new cars are loaded to the Mannheim database and you have to be ready for an auction style purchase. Which means trusting the dealer or friend. They do a great job explaining the cars qualities. You get so many miles to drive the car before you can return it due to a problem. Most often other dealerships snag the cars to put on their own lots.

Good Luck!
Huskies2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2019, 15:02   #20
EARL97850
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskies2710 View Post
Thats a nice option Daemon didn't think of that and gives you a safety net if it goes bad.
Two other options for you EARL97850
1) Go to an Audi dealership and ask them to find what you are looking for. I did this for giggles and they said their Used Car buyer would have to be on the lookout and it might take some time. They'll charge you a finders fee. You might get lucky with a one owner TDI being brought back to Audi.
2) Find a used luxury dealership or friend that has a license for the Mannheim Auto Auction (this is the route I went) Set the parameters for whatever specifics you want....prestige or premium plus, florett silver, s-line package etc. You will be charged a fee as well for this process if its a dealer.
----Each Monday new cars are loaded to the Mannheim database and you have to be ready for an auction style purchase. Which means trusting the dealer or friend. They do a great job explaining the cars qualities. You get so many miles to drive the car before you can return it due to a problem. Most often other dealerships snag the cars to put on their own lots.
Good Luck!
Thank you for the help.....I already have a dealer doing some checking but have not heard anything back. It's been a 3 days and I didn't think I'd hear back right away.

I'll check into Carvana and see what they have.
Old August 16th, 2019, 07:18   #21
Daemon64

Currently they have: https://www.carvana.com/vehicle/1235300

2014 Q5 TDI Prestige 45k miles @ 27.7K ... some minor scratch on trunk

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...VMAFP0EA046086

anyway...
Old August 16th, 2019, 16:03   #22
EARL97850
Veteran Member

Not available.........
Old August 16th, 2019, 21:33   #23
Daemon64

Haha wow. That's because it's now pending purchase. People move super fast on the q5 tdi hahah
Old August 17th, 2019, 19:03   #24
Mythdoc
Veteran Member

This one looks good, if you don’t mind a trip to Bloomington.

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/veh...clean-2972622/
2011 Touareg TDI (sold back, May 2018); 2015 Golf TDI S (totaled, Oct 2018)
Mythdoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2019, 09:38   #25
Chander

Thanks to all for your advice and suggestions. I am now the proud owner of a 2015 Q5 TDI with 25650 miles on it. It is a Premium Plus, has Side Assist and a very nice B&O sound system. We picked up the car from Fishers, a suburb of Indianapolis and drove it back last Saturday. Per the trip meter we got 37 mpg which is way higher than the number in the EPA website (31 mpg). We love the power and quietness and of course the mpg. This is a very well built car.

Fishers Imports were nice to work with. They have another Q5 TDI with about 23000 miles in case anyone is interested. We didnít like the color combination (white exterior and black interior). Ours is gray outside and beige inside.

Thanks again.
Chander
Chander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2019, 09:55   #26
Huskies2710
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chander View Post
Thanks to all for your advice and suggestions. I am now the proud owner of a 2015 Q5 TDI with 25650 miles on it. It is a Premium Plus, has Side Assist and a very nice B&O sound system. We picked up the car from Fishers, a suburb of Indianapolis and drove it back last Saturday. Per the trip meter we got 37 mpg which is way higher than the number in the EPA website (31 mpg). We love the power and quietness and of course the mpg. This is a very well built car.
Fishers Imports were nice to work with. They have another Q5 TDI with about 23000 miles in case anyone is interested. We didnít like the color combination (white exterior and black interior). Ours is gray outside and beige inside.
Thanks again.
Chander
Awesome to hear! Congratulations!

A friends wife's car '15 BMW X5 (gas) just dumped its engine two weeks ago. It was a non stop headache from the get go. She has been jealous that our two diesels have reliability with great mileage.

She wants a german diesel now!! Who was the sales rep you worked with?

Enjoy the new ride!
Huskies2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2019, 11:15   #27
Daemon64

Chandler,

Congrats!! That's awesome mileage by the trip. The best we've seen is 37.9 on a long trip.... but we drive like 80 most places and since this is new England lots or hills. She took it on a 1200 mile road trip and averaged 35.7@80 - 90 the whole way....hahah.... I will say once its warmed up you can shift it manual... be light on the throttle and keep the rpms low and I've seen mid 30s around town..... stupid dieselgate TCM tune.... ( all my numbers are trip comp )