www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Order your TDIClub merchandise and help support TDIClub

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI News/Tech

TDI News/Tech This Forum is for the posting of TDI news related items.

Old July 20th, 2018, 10:11   #1
BleachedBora

Default VW Offering CPO Unlimited Mileage on TDIs

This just in:

TDI vehicles with less than 75,000 miles qualify for certification under the VW CPO program and generate a unique benefit for consumers— 2-Year Unlimited Mileage CPO Warranty. There is a great marketing opportunity with the CPO TDI Unlimited Mileage Warranty... Considering the concurrent 4-year emissions system warranty on each TDI sold, no other used car can match the coverage claims that VW dealers can tout.

Additionally:

We are happy to announce that VW has released the global suppression of 2015 & 2016 new, unsold TDI vehicle VINs on dealer websites that have undergone the Approved Emissions Modification (AEM). This effort has gone into effect and modified TDI vehicles can now be found in dealer website inventories...
BleachedBora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2019, 09:06   #2
rhinorear

I was wondering if you could supply your source?

Thanks!
rhinorear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2019, 14:47   #3
Datalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinorear View Post
I was wondering if you could supply your source?

Thanks!
This isn't new and has been going on for at least the last 2 years. Here's a link with more information.

https://vwcpo.com/program-disclaimer/
Datalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2019, 08:56   #4
rhinorear

I appreciate it! While not new, I am. Just purchased 2014 JSW with 25,000 miles and seem to have a AC/heater blower motor going out so to get it repaired under warranty would be great.
Old August 2nd, 2019, 08:15   #5
redbarron55
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinorear View Post
I appreciate it! While not new, I am. Just purchased 2014 JSW with 25,000 miles and seem to have a AC/heater blower motor going out so to get it repaired under warranty would be great.
If the heater / AC blower is intermittent the most likely cause is a plug that has corroded or is loose and not making good connection.
I think you can get to it under the dash on the right hand side.
The resistor in the duct is what caused the dropped voltage that slows the fan and if it runs only at high speed this resistor is bad.
I don;t know how trouble prone this plug is in the VWs as my JSWs never had this problem, but it is rampant in Tacoma Toyota trucks.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2019, 08:37   #6
Clawdog60

Default Cpo

Can I get a CPO after a dealer purchase?
Clawdog60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2019, 09:14   #7
GoFaster
Moderator at Large

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawdog60 View Post
Can I get a CPO after a dealer purchase?
You mean, you bought a used vehicle that wasn't part of the CPO program, and then you think you can retroactively have the CPO benefits applied?

Uh, no.
GoFaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2019, 10:56   #8
rhinorear

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarron55 View Post
If the heater / AC blower is intermittent the most likely cause is a plug that has corroded or is loose and not making good connection.
I think you can get to it under the dash on the right hand side.
The resistor in the duct is what caused the dropped voltage that slows the fan and if it runs only at high speed this resistor is bad.
I don;t know how trouble prone this plug is in the VWs as my JSWs never had this problem, but it is rampant in Tacoma Toyota trucks.

Thanks for that bit of trouble shooting red, but no that's not the prob. There is just a real noticeable vibration on third fan speed setting ac on or off, engine on or off. Defrost, floor, or mid setting. I'm sure its there at the other speeds but just most noticeable on 3. Its like something fell in the squirrel cage and is throwing it out of round.

Sorry to high jack the thread
Old August 3rd, 2019, 08:43   #9
Lightflyer1
Veteran Member

Check for leaves and trash build up in there. Found that same issue on my wife's old Hyundai. Pain getting in there, thankfully she has tiny hands and I let her clean it out.
Old August 5th, 2019, 08:51   #10
rhinorear

Well as we all know youtube is our friend. After watching a couple of heater motor specific vids it turns out the motor is really easy to access and remove, which I did only to have enough dirt fall out that once cleaned up and blown out took care of the vibration. Good to go now.

Oh ya, aboot this thread I did check at the dealer and I do still have some power train warranty still in effect.

Thanks all!
Old August 8th, 2019, 09:55   #11
Clawdog60

Default cpo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
You mean, you bought a used vehicle that wasn't part of the CPO program, and then you think you can retroactively have the CPO benefits applied?

Uh, no.
Still get it certified. I assumed not. I didn't ask any dealers.
Clawdog60 is offline   Reply With Quote