Advice on stiffening body roll in corners

screwyluie

TDI
2014 Jetta
I have a '14 Jetta and as the title says I would like to reduce body roll in the corners. My first thought is front and rear sway bars. This is a concept I'm familiar with but never done it myself so I'm looking for advice.

Tips, pointers, brands, links, other things I might need... Anything is helpful. I'm just starting my research so I don't really know much at this point.

Thanks

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
What dampers and springs are you on? Stock stuff is terrible. Swapping to something GTI/GLI related would probably be a good start if you wanted to stick with something OEM.

I ran corner balanced Koni coilovers on my '14 Jetta. They helped a ton, but not as much as I had wanted. Doing it over, I'd probably spring for the Bilstein PSS-10's; I had PSS-9's on a MK4 GTI and they were phenomenal. But I ran the TDI in a handful of autocross events, a track day, and a lot of fun roads - Tail of the Dragon included - and it was 1000x's better with the coilover setup.

I'd get the spring/damper setup right before hopping into swapping anti-sway bars.

screwyluie

TDI
2014 Jetta
Thank you for the insight. Everything is stock right now. I was going to keep it stock suspension for the most part, it's a daily driver not a track car. Just want it to corner a bit better, otherwise I like the way it rides

USMCFieldMP

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Swap in some GLI springs with GLI dampers (I'd personally skip to some Bilstein B6 shocks. Stick with the B6's, not the B8's. They appear the same and have the same valving, but the B8's are meant for lowered cars, while the B6's are longer and intended for stock height cars).

From there, you can probably get some GLI sway bars. I do know that you'll likely want to buy new or lightly used, as the sway bar bushings are integrated into the bar and are considered non-replaceable, iirc.

TL;DR: just swap in GLI suspension. That keeps you with OEM parts.

Last edited: