Votes: 128 46.0%
  • Docs were rejected, had to resubmit.

Votes: 34 12.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slothy

TDI
Mk6 Golf TDI
Submitted mine online 9/29 and they are still under review. I have since put almost another 6k miles in my car.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

csl223

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Beetle TDI, 6sp Manual
Just called to see why my docs haven't been accepted yet, and learned something new (at least to me)...

I was told that the documents are first reviewed by VW and accepted or rejected, and are then subject to an external audit where they are reviewed by a third party.

Despite my status being "recieved and under review" I was told on the phone that the docs were accepted by VW and currently in the external audit. I am curious if this audit phase applies to everyone or only people with a VW credit loan (like me). This could explain why people with a loan with VW credit seem to be taking longer on average to be approved.

inthewoods

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE Manual
Uploaded 10/10 and still waiting on the review. I have a loan on the car (not through VW credit) so I'm sure that is causing the hold up.

Also I'm getting flooded with emails from my Dealer telling me how to file a claim, and to make sure to list them as a return location. LOL :rolleyes:
Just received an email and my docs were accepted... now on to the next stage of hurry up and wait. :p

Fizzyone

TDI
2014 Golf TDI
Just called to see why my docs haven't been accepted yet, and learned something new (at least to me)...
I was told that the documents are first reviewed by VW and accepted or rejected, and are then subject to an external audit where they are reviewed by a third party.
Despite my status being "recieved and under review" I was told on the phone that the docs were accepted by VW and currently in the external audit. I am curious if this audit phase applies to everyone or only people with a VW credit loan (like me). This could explain why people with a loan with VW credit seem to be taking longer on average to be approved.
Ugh, I figured having VW Credit would have made it faster. :mad:

BlueGruff

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW DSG; 2017 Jetta 1.8T Sedan
I think my situation is an anomaly cuz it only took 6 days for the review. I uploaded 10/20, then I got email on 10/26 that docs were accepted. I'm only one registrant and lien with Bank of America. I used Scanner Pro app to scan the docs so the images are super sharp crystal clear. I scanned only front side of docs.

TractionAction

TDI
Had 2010 Jetta
Spoke with the Rep at VW regarding my docs. Due to high volume it could take 4 weeks (sent mine 10/08). Then once accepted, expect an offer letter in the mail for the buy back amount. No telling how much longer that will take.

nucklehead

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Golf TDI W/DSG
Ugh, I figured having VW Credit would have made it faster. :mad:
Hmm - the conspiracy theorist in me would tend to think they're trying to squeeze one or two more payments out of you.:D

A check of the claims website this morning shows document 'complete' for each of the four they requested from me. I have no idea what that means.

I'm just patiently waiting to get this behind me.

Last edited:

finny_amour

TDI
2012 JSW TDI
My documents were accepted and currently they are checking my eligibility. Friday was 7/10 business days wait before they are to provide my official offer. Anyone receive the final offer yet? Does it come via email or snail mail?

I attempted to call yesterday, but the wait was at least 1.5 hours. I ain't got time for that! Appreciate any feedback on what I should expect next. Thanks so much! You've all been very helpful so far.

fucanay

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
Out of curiosity, what documents are required to be submitted? I'm waiting for my car to get back from the body shop and then have to do a recall, smog and registration before I can continue with the claims portal. This should be done by the end of next week. But I'd like to know what I need before I get to that point.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Out of curiosity, what documents are required to be submitted? I'm waiting for my car to get back from the body shop and then have to do a recall, smog and registration before I can continue with the claims portal. This should be done by the end of next week. But I'd like to know what I need before I get to that point.
It depends. If it's just you on the registration and you have a loan with VW Credit...maybe just a copy of your drivers license and registration (that's all I had to upload).

If you upload the end of next week, I would imagine that your documents will be accepted before mine are (I uploaded mine on 9/17).:rolleyes:

Mr. Furious

Veteran Member
TDI
None
You need to provide:

• Proof of Government Issued Vehicle Registration
  • Government Issued ID for the Registered Owner
  • Completed financial consent form if you have a loan

You can get form for the last one from the claims portal.

POBOX2897

TDI
2014 JSW 6-speed
Submitted documents, accepted one week later.

VW credit loan. No financial consent form requested.

Uploaded: NYS registration and Drivers License

Good. To. Go.

fucanay

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen TDI
It depends. If it's just you on the registration and you have a loan with VW Credit...maybe just a copy of your drivers license and registration (that's all I had to upload).

If you upload the end of next week, I would imagine that your documents will be accepted before mine are (I uploaded mine on 9/17).:rolleyes:
You need to provide:
  • Proof of Government Issued Vehicle Registration
  • Government Issued ID for the Registered Owner
  • Completed financial consent form if you have a loan
You can get form for the last one from the claims portal.
Sounds pretty straight forward. We have two owners, although it is list as OR, not AND, so I'm not sure that I need both ID's. We do have a outstanding loan, but through VW Credit. I guess I'll have to see if they want that form with it.

lucien2

TDI
2013 Golf TDi 6MT Tornado Red

right there with ya :confused:

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
1971 Super Beetle, 2014 Golf TDI (soon to be 2017 Golf Wolfsburg), 2015 Silverado LT
Uploaded 9/28, still under review, just called (wait time less than 1 minute lol) and they confirmed that they haven't been looked at at all yet, since we renewed the registration (it expired since we submitted) I noticed the new registration has both my wife's name and mine on there, I asked if the expired registration (with just my name) would be accepted she said that it may not, so instead of taking chances and waiting even longer I just asked to have my account reset so I can upload the new registration and both of our licenses, just waiting on reset now.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Uploaded 9/28, still under review, just called (wait time less than 1 minute lol) and they confirmed that they haven't been looked at at all yet, since we renewed the registration (it expired since we submitted) I noticed the new registration has both my wife's name and mine on there, I asked if the expired registration (with just my name) would be accepted she said that it may not, so instead of taking chances and waiting even longer I just asked to have my account reset so I can upload the new registration and both of our licenses, just waiting on reset now.
Which menu option did you select to get through that quickly? I just got dropped off after trying the "following-up on an email" option, because there's not a straight up "calling to ask a question" option, like there was.

Edit: The new menu prompts basically say "go read the FAQs and don't bother us," lol.

Last edited:

71sbeetle

Veteran Member
TDI
1971 Super Beetle, 2014 Golf TDI (soon to be 2017 Golf Wolfsburg), 2015 Silverado LT
Which menu option did you select to get through that quickly? I just got dropped off after trying the "following-up on an email" option, because there's not a straight up "calling to ask a question" option, like there was.

Edit: The new menu prompts basically say "go read the FAQs and don't bother us," lol.
That's the one I did. She answered pretty much right away, threw me off because she said thank you for calling audi usa

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
That's the one I did. She answered pretty much right away, threw me off because she said thank you for calling audi usa
I eventually got through with that. I'm guessing yours went straight through because you called right at 7am (when the line opened up).

The "Audi" lady said that my documents were accepted 10/6 (they were uploaded 9/17) and that they're in the process of being audited.

That's supposed to take 10-20 business days. So maybe 11/8-11/22 for that to be done.

I'm just puzzled as to why I never received the email that everyone else did that the documents had been accepted. I've been checking my spam and junk mail folders.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
Submitted Jetta 10/1, docs ok email today, the site shows the offer should be in 10 days, credit union loan, 2 owners. Small town dealer specified for both.

#2 Passat submitted 10/5, one owner, credit union and switched from fix to buy back on the 25th, still under review.

lucien2

TDI
2013 Golf TDi 6MT Tornado Red
Submitted Jetta 10/1, docs ok email today, the site shows the offer should be in 10 days, credit union loan, 2 owners. Small town dealer specified for both.

#2 Passat submitted 10/5, one owner, credit union and switched from fix to buy back on the 25th, still under review.

I'm happy for all who are under way......but I'm pretty frustrated that I uploaded 9/17 and haven't heard a thing. At this point I would have been better off waiting.

I also spoke to a haggard and weary Audi USA employee who answered the hotline, but he couldn't shed any light on the process whatsoever.

So I wait.

az7000'

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI (gone), 2014 Passat TDI (gone), 2014 Touareg TDI (Amazing!)
I actually feel your frustration, i was there yesterday, a year from now none of us will remember these weeks. Good luck.

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
I actually feel your frustration, i was there yesterday, a year from now none of us will remember these weeks. Good luck.
That's doubtful, but it's a nice thought. This reminds me of the lead-up to closing on my first house...waiting for the mortgage company to update my closing information. ex. The amount of money I needed to bring to closing. That's supposed to happen so that you can bring a certified check to cover the remainder.

I never did get the exact figure prior to closing. I was told "it'll be anywhere from you getting a ~$1,000 credit to you needing to kick in an additional ~$2,000.":rolleyes: I was eventually just told (a couple hours prior to my closing) to "bring your checkbook, just in case." It ended up being me kicking in an extra $2,000. So yes...fond memories of that...5+ years ago.

TDILeo

Veteran Member
TDI
CW 2011 Golf TDI 6M Repurchased By VW 1/30/17 1985 VW GTI
Submitted via fax on settlement date 10/25...docs under review from claim website...just a matter of time.

Slothy

TDI
Mk6 Golf TDI
Update:
Documents submitted 9/29, just received an email with that they were accepted. Now I'm on the 10 business day wait for my offer

JasonCz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI Tech
I'm happy for all who are under way......but I'm pretty frustrated that I uploaded 9/17 and haven't heard a thing. At this point I would have been better off waiting.

I also spoke to a haggard and weary Audi USA employee who answered the hotline, but he couldn't shed any light on the process whatsoever.

So I wait.
Submitted mine on 9/19 and I'm still waiting. Im getting pissed off at this point reading about people submitting a week ago getting their verification already. :mad: