EGR delete. Now no turbo

jam0238

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
So we got our 2002 VW Jetta tdi with an automatic transmission up and running. Runs great minus the fact that it lacks power. We recently put a delete on it. I didnt know if anybody has a diagram of the vacuum lines and where everything should go just to double check. Also, is it recommended for an auto transmission to have an EGR delete kit on it?

Louie710

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta sedan 2002 Jetta wagon
I have an egr delete on mine with no issues. Must be something with your vac lines if you do a search you can find the diagrams on how the vac lines are supposed to be

jam0238

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
I had a coolant leak which is why I went with a delete thinking it was the EGR. Turns out it was not and was blown head gasket. So everything works as it should. But now slow going up hills. I do have a bad injector. Could this be the cause of my problems? All vacuum lines have been checked. Turbo engages.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
I wouldn't run with a "bad injector". They poke right into the bowl and have been known to drop a tip and ping pong around the cylinder. Does your car have a solid maintenance history? Or has it been beat on?

jam0238

TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
It ran before it got another transmission. Put a new transmission in and checked all lines/hoses for leaks and cracks. Nothing found. It still didn't have alot if power. Replaced the head gasket and EGR delete. It goes but no power going up hills and getting up to speed.

flee

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS wagon
What method was used to reset the timing belt after the head gasket change?
What makes you think you have a 'bad' injector?