www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Classifieds/For Sale/Wanted > Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale

Vendor & GroupBuy items for sale VW TDI/Diesel related items for sale by vendors and Groupbuys. The only commercial posts to these forums are that of Vendors with TDI related equipment. To start a post, you must be a Registered Vendor. You may periodically post a note about products you may have for sale/services so long you indicate clearly you are from the company selling these products/services. The right to discontinue this practice & remove excessive posts remains with the operators of TDIClub. Please note there is also a webpage of TDI Vendors" Group-buys are permited if sponsored by a registered vendor.

Old February 9th, 2018, 12:10   #1
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Default IDParts.com 2018 Cold Start Contest!

The IDParts.com 2018 Cold Start Contest is Happening Right Now!

Watch the 2018 Submissions Here!

We are awarding over $500 in gift vouchers to the winners of the 2018 Cold Start Contest. Participating in the cold start contest is easy: film yourself starting your diesel in the cold, upload it to YouTube and send us a link! If the video meets the requirements below, your video will be added to our 2018 Cold Start Contest playlist and you will be officially entered to win. We look forward to seeing all the entries! Hurry, the 2018 IDParts Cold Start Contest ends at the end of this month!

How to enter:
1. Take a video of your car starting in the cold (be sure to follow the guidelines below)
2. Upload it to YouTube
3. E-mail the link to the video to coldstartcontest@idparts.com

Prizes:
We will award a $100 gift certificate to 5 winners, each in their own category.

2018 Cold Start Contest Categories:
  • Coldest Temperature Start (video must show thermometer in video)
  • Most FAIL (the car that struggles the most and still fails to start)
  • Most Dramatic (the car that struggles the most but succeeds)
  • Most Creative Video
  • Oldest Vehicle to Start Below 32F

Important Rules
Only one win per person. For example, this means that same person cannot win for both Coldest Temperature and for Most FAIL video.
To be officially entered your video must meet the following requirements:
  1. You must say in your video: “This video is for the 2018 IDParts.com Cold Start Contest.”
  2. You must identify your vehicle, year-make-model, and any modifications, including add-ons like FrostHeaters.
  3. You must state the temperature. (To be considered for the coldest temperature start the temperature must be shown on a thermometer in the video).
  4. You must upload the video to YouTube.com and it must be publicly visible.

We look forward to seeing your submissions!

Last edited by cevans; February 19th, 2018 at 08:41.
cevans is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2018, 14:00   #2
pyroom

TDI(s): Jetta

Dang I think the coldest days have already passed
pyroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:38   #3
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

Seriously. February is typically reliably cold and is also the snowiest month. That freak cold spell in early January would have been much better for the contest this year...
Old February 19th, 2018, 08:40   #4
cevans
TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI Parts Ninja Vendor
w/Business number

22 submissions so far!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bip9...pg7ugzxekoKpvQ
Old February 20th, 2018, 20:42   #5
OlyTDI
Veteran Member

TDI(s): '04 Golf

70 degree cold start in Phoenix....in for the win!
Malone Tuned, SBC Stage II Daily, Nicktane Cat 2 fuel filter, Dieselgeek bypass oil filter, Whitedog intake hose fix, A4 Defender skid plate, GLI Recaros, Check Temp III, Ventectomy, LED trunk lighting mod, Volx glass headlight lenses, VR6 front and wagon rear springs. Koni FSDs all around. FrostHeater with bumper mounted plug-in mod (details here).
OlyTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2018, 04:10   #6
Tdijarhead
Veteran Member

I thought about doing this back in January when we had some -10 to -20+ degree mornings. My 05 with its new idparts OEM cam , Valero starter and Bosch glow plugs has been starting so well this winter I’ve only plugged in the frost heater 3 to 4 times.

I’ve just been curious how cold it would get and still start almost instantly, and I have to say despite the unusual cold last month and in December it hasn’t been cold enough to find out.

Anyway I don’t have a you tube account and have no intention of getting one so I suppose I’ll continue to be the only one impressed with my cars cold weather starting ability.

I do enjoy the contest though. It does sound like several of the participants could use a new starter and probably a couple of others should replace their glow plugs.

Keep up the good work idparts.
Tdijarhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2018, 04:25   #7
oilhammer
Certified Volkswagen Nut Vendor

Fuel Economy: fantastic

Heh, it was nearly 70F here yesterday.

We've already had single digit temps a month ago though. None of my current diesels are especially dramatic cold starting though. Even the Vanagon starts without much of any fuss.

The IH dump truck sounds the neatest though. That big DT466 is a sweet old beast, and the turbo whistle through the stack gives me goose bumps!
Old February 21st, 2018, 04:41   #8
Tdijarhead
Veteran Member

A good cup of coffee and the sweet smell and sound of a diesel in the morning.
Tdijarhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2018, 21:59   #9
ducesrwld
Veteran Member

TDI(s): none

first times my old gal wouldn't start over the xmas holiday -11 on the dash and 20-30 mph winds guess it is time for a frost heater....