www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Mid-west USA

Mid-west USA Local discussions for those on the Mid-West US. ( Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri)

Old January 16th, 2018, 10:43   #7786
tenacious84

TDI(s): JSW

I'm curious if anyone can help me out....

I have 2013 Toureg TDI and just installed the factory hitch (7P0-092-135) and wiring package (7P1-055-203). Install went fine, but the brake lights on the trailer don't work. All of the other lights function properly, but the brakes do not. I've read this is common because the trailer module ships with EU settings and needs to be reprogrammed for North America. I called the stealership this morning and they want $120 to do this 10 minute (from what I've read) job. I live in Albertville and was wondering if there was anyone in the metro or St. Cloud that could help be save a few bucks?
tenacious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2018, 16:13   #7787
tenacious84

TDI(s): JSW

I was able to get it taken care of last night.
tenacious84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2018, 09:58   #7788
JasonCzerak
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2001 Golf

Anyone have a hood for an 06 MK4 local?
JasonCzerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2018, 09:49   #7789
AronS

Fuel Economy: 48-49 (summer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrymander View Post
Aron, I dunno if you still post here, but I took my 2011 to Autobahn for maintenance when I lived up in Duluth. The guy that runs it was an Audi technician for about 10 years and has factory Audi training.

Mike is a great guy personally, too. I bet he still remembers my car. It was red, loud as ****, and had racing stripes.
Thank You! I'll check them out the next time I get my car serviced. I thought about trying them out the last time, but I ended up getting my "fix" and service in one trip at the dealer. It will be nice not to have to pay dealership service costs.
AronS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2018, 16:14   #7790
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 47/42/38

Not a good day with cars today. So I am driving my TDI and accelerating on University and there is a mechanical clunk, boost drops to zero, than fluctuates rapidly between 6 psi and 18 than the car dies. I am guessing turbo and I will be doing more diagnosis tomorrow. When the boost came back I was confused for sure.

So I get in my wife's A3 Jetta that has had exhaust rumble after going through some of the wet snow. So I am driving it and the exhaust rumble stops and the exhaust gets very loud. At a stop light I get out and the exhaust has broken off at the catalytic converter. It is up on ramps in the garage now.
Wavetrac LSD, Bosch 230'a with RC4.5, Whitbread 2.5" downpipe, PD lift pump, South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch, steel skid plate, Wingnut inspired EGR mod, MyCruiseAgent no drill EGT, MoGolf skidplate mod
Curious Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2018, 17:11   #7791
[486]
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Chris View Post
Not a good day with cars today. So I am driving my TDI and accelerating on University and there is a mechanical clunk, boost drops to zero, than fluctuates rapidly between 6 psi and 18 than the car dies. I am guessing turbo and I will be doing more diagnosis tomorrow. When the boost came back I was confused for sure.

So I get in my wife's A3 Jetta that has had exhaust rumble after going through some of the wet snow. So I am driving it and the exhaust rumble stops and the exhaust gets very loud. At a stop light I get out and the exhaust has broken off at the catalytic converter. It is up on ramps in the garage now.
North or south of the cities?

Got a good mig welder, in mounds view, if you want help sticking in a new flexpipe. Actually might even have a new flex section squirrelled away.
[486] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2018, 06:58   #7792
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
North or south of the cities?
Got a good mig welder, in mounds view, if you want help sticking in a new flexpipe. Actually might even have a new flex section squirrelled away.
Actually in Minneapolis: 42nd Ave N and James. It broke and the back side of the catalytic converter and it have broken there before so there was enough pipe to slide an adaptor peope patch in and with a little work with my cut off tool it fit over the exhuast pipe.

Plan for today is to anchor a 1/2 in eyebolt in my garage floor and pull my car in. (drag it off the street and pullling car goes into the garage, I winch it from there.) Then the diagnostic disassembly begins.
Wavetrac LSD, Bosch 230'a with RC4.5, Whitbread 2.5" downpipe, PD lift pump, South Bend Stage 2 Endurance Clutch, steel skid plate, Wingnut inspired EGR mod, MyCruiseAgent no drill EGT, MoGolf skidplate mod
Old January 29th, 2018, 18:40   #7793
[486]
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 02 golf ALH
Fuel Economy: 42 stock, 47-49 now

Oh, that ain't too far, drive somewhat near there when I go to discount steel. Not that I've really been there in quite a while.

Nice idea on the eyebolt
I use a dismounted tire as padding and another car to push them around.

Last edited by [486]; January 29th, 2018 at 18:43.
[486] is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2018, 11:44   #7794
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [486] View Post
Oh, that ain't too far, drive somewhat near there when I go to discount steel. Not that I've really been there in quite a while.

Nice idea on the eyebolt
I use a dismounted tire as padding and another car to push them around.
I just bought a 3000 lb pull force 12 volt winch that I will mount to the floor and then drill mounting holes in my truck.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:58   #7795
Curious Chris
Veteran Member

Selling my FMIC http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread...03#post5384103 You can see it on my car as it is parked dead in front of my house 4225 James Avenue North. Make me an offer. I am going back to RC3 with a Mahle VNT 15.

I would like to get at least what the Mahle VNT is going to cost me and that would be a deal.

chrisidzerda@gmail.com or 3202671807
Old Yesterday, 16:20   #7796
TDICADDGUY
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 42/46/51 with 5 speed - was 36/40/42 with 01M

Looks like I'm going to the dark side folks, put a deposit down on an X5D today. She's a beauty and a beast.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.p...&postcount=613

2000 NB 3 pedal mod RC3 PP520's Eurojet SMIC SBC 3 2.5" side exit straight pipe2" lift

TDICADDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote