AHF with GT1756

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Golf GTD DSG 200bhp CBBB
I have now installed my GT1756 hybrid from CR Turbos (UK). The turbo was a new 1749vb from germany.
I have not had a remap yet but that is because I am waiting until I have fitted the new pipework and large FMIC.

I fitted a exhaust temp gauge from the word go, as everything was out in the open. First impressions on this larger turbo: - Sounds awsome!!! :D
No, really there 'seems' to be more air avaliable if that doesn't sound to crazy: The engine now revs freely to 4500, but then it seems like the fuel is pulled back.
a few pickies of the install:

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
HOW clean is the underside of that car? Do you ever drive it? :p

Install looking good though! The turbo reminds me of my old VT2 from Allard.

PS: Going to GTI International at Bruntingthorpe next weekend? I'm there with TDIsport club.

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
devonutopia said:
HOW clean is the underside of that car? Do you ever drive it? :p

Install looking good though! The turbo reminds me of my old VT2 from Allard.

PS: Going to GTI International at next weekend? I'm there with TDIsport club.
Clean LOL, must the the flash on the camera!

Ahh Bruntingthorpe just NE of Birmingham, looks a good venue. I am going to do my first track run at Castle Combe race circuit on 26th July :)

Last edited:

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm also wondering weather i should put an 11mm pump head on. Ive seen a kit on tdiracing.com for $299. Are these good?

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
Update

Ok here we go then. I have finally installed the FMIC, pipework and Passat inlet manifold. What a ass of a job, but I was replacing the front bumper for the Leon Cupra-R type which give more room for the FMIC.

Forge pancake pipe fits perfectly.

GiGGer

Veteran Member
TDI
GTI TDI 130
Stick with an OEM 11mm pump or keep your 10mm pump. For the price they go these days, you can sell your 10mm to cover 75% of the price of a 11mm...

Nice project!

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora ASZ 130PD, Corrado 150PD in production
I've just sent a unit off to CR for the same treatment.

Where is the wire re-inforced pipe from the TIP going to?

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
Your correct, it does come from the the oil catch tank. Close loop system so no nasty odours under bonnet! Catch tank is a Mann+Hammel ProVent. Works fanstically, inlet pipe and turbo outlet pipes had no oil in what so ever,.

JST

Veteran Member
TDI
Alfa Romeo Giulia 2.2 jtd 180 AT8
Jasengine said:
Looks like a nice job!

But why do you use such a long piece of straight silicone hose? Of course it will keep the heat out better than a aluminium pipe, but such a long piece can deform quite easily when the underpressure peaks.

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
it may look like that but most samco hoses ive used in the past are a allot more rigid than they look . and by the look of it its been made especially for the job i.e not a one mold piece but lots of little pieces moulded together should give it allot more strength.

borachris

Veteran Member
TDI
Bora ASZ 130PD, Corrado 150PD in production
fenwick458 said:
catch tank i think
Jasengine said:
Your correct, it does come from the the oil catch tank. Close loop system so no nasty odours under bonnet! Catch tank is a Mann+Hammel ProVent. Works fanstically, inlet pipe and turbo outlet pipes had no oil in what so ever,.
Yeah I knew thats where it was meant to go, I just couldn't quite make it out from this picture :eek:

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
cog said:
it may look like that but most samco hoses ive used in the past are a allot more rigid than they look . and by the look of it its been made especially for the job i.e not a one mold piece but lots of little pieces moulded together should give it allot more strength.
Interesting, hadn't given it much thought :). For the record its not a Samco hose, but a Siliconhoses.com make. Very high quality too. The large 70mm hose is of 4 ply construction, and a wall thickness of 5mm; I had a hell of a fight with it to get it on to the airbox stub! I have got a few Samco hoses on other areas (vacuum pipe & oil breather connections) which are equaly as good. Iv'e seen a lot of intercooler silicon hoses on ebay which are not 4 ply construction which you realy want for high pressure applications.

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
Jas the set up is coming along nicely....will be interested to hear the output figures when the car is remapped....might even prompt me into finishing off the remaining bits on my car.

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
leon10tagg said:
Jas the set up is coming along nicely....will be interested to hear the output figures when the car is remapped....might even prompt me into finishing off the remaining bits on my car.
Thanks. I am having it tuned by Dieselinside, via a Flashzilla which should be on it's way over in the next week or so.
I might be dreaming it but I'm sure the exhaust temps are lower since the FMIC has been fitted...

Mark at Dieselinside has said, based on very similar tunes, that I could get about 180bhp at the fly.
I surpose the next stage after that would be 11mm pump and better con-rods:D

leon10tagg

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf 90bhp ALH tdi, 2002 Golf PD100, 2004 Passat 1.9PD AWX, 2001 Golf 4-Motion, 1997 Audi A4 1.8t sport, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.0t WRX
Jas what was the forge pancake pipe like to fit.....did you have to modify it?

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
just noticed you have p502s not pp502s jasengine surely that will effect the power output on that 1756 , also mark at deisel inside reckons that the pp502s are smaller than the pp764s anyway as the pp764s always smoke more . 11mm pump would help enourmously with better figures or even race 520s should see you about 190-200bhp with that setup. just ive seen a few ahf engines like ours with standard vnt 17 pp764s front mounted intercooler reach 180bhp . with the 17 the hybrid should net you a bit more

Last edited:

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
leon10tagg said:
Jas what was the forge pancake pipe like to fit.....did you have to modify it?
That Forge pipe fitted an absolute treat! No problem what so ever, could have been made for it!!

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
cog said:
just noticed you have p502s not pp502s jasengine surely that will effect the power output on that 1756 , also mark at deisel inside reckons that the pp502s are smaller than the pp764s anyway as the pp764s always smoke more . 11mm pump would help enourmously with better figures or even race 520s should see you about 190-200bhp with that setup. just ive seen a few ahf engines like ours with standard vnt 17 pp764s front mounted intercooler reach 180bhp . with the 17 the hybrid should net you a bit more
Well, the p502's (T4 transporter nozzles) seem to spin the 1756 up no problem, to about 1.4bar at the mo. Power seems to tail off at about 4400rpm, but I have noticed since the larger Passat intake manifold has been fitted longer pipe work as well not going to help), the torque comes in a bit later, but bearing in mind I haven't had a remap yet so I should be able to get some of that low ed torque back. That large manifold 'seems' to give more noise inside the car as well, you found this Cog?

On second thoughts I think I need PP502's, I need more power!

Last edited:

scotty1

TDI
Seat leon TDI 110
Hi mate
What pipe have you used from the turbo to pancake pipe?
Also can you please get more pics of the intercooler pipework from fmic to egr valve
Cheers

cog

Veteran Member
TDI
98 GT.TDI 11O
Jasengine said:
Well, the p502's (T4 transporter nozzles) seem to spin the 1756 up no problem, to about 1.4bar at the mo. Power seems to tail off at about 4400rpm, but I have noticed since the larger Passat intake manifold has been fitted longer pipe work as well not going to help), the torque comes in a bit later, but bearing in mind I haven't had a remap yet so I should be able to get some of that low ed torque back. That large manifold 'seems' to give more noise inside the car as well, you found this Cog?

On second thoughts I think I need PP502's, I need more power!
the pd manifold gives much better mid range ive found and a better engine rasp . having just installed my vnt 17 today and got it back it appears i have a boost leak and still dont know what it feels like. i think its from the map sensor as the 3 bar map doesnt fit in the hole like the 2.5 .:eek:

oh and mate mark advises that the pp764s actually flow more fuel than the pp502s , but when i go for nozzles next im gunning for race 520s so i only do it once this time :D

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
scotty1 said:
Hi mate
What pipe have you used from the turbo to pancake pipe?
Also can you please get more pics of the intercooler pipework from fmic to egr valve
Cheers
Red pipe from PD150 engine and a 50mm diameter silicon hose to connect to forege pipe.

Jasengine

Veteran Member
TDI
cog said:
the pd manifold gives much better mid range ive found and a better engine rasp . having just installed my vnt 17 today and got it back it appears i have a boost leak and still dont know what it feels like. i think its from the map sensor as the 3 bar map doesnt fit in the hole like the 2.5 .:eek:

oh and mate mark advises that the pp764s actually flow more fuel than the pp502s , but when i go for nozzles next im gunning for race 520s so i only do it once this time :D
Ok ok you've convinced me...I NEED R520's