Manual ECU in Automatic

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
I have an ecu from a parts car with a stage 2 malone tune. I would like to use it in my Automatic car. Do I need a complete reflash or can I recode it back to Automatic?

tims944

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI, 2006 mk5 tdi-SOLD 1989 944 s2 BHW swapped
BBOB, is the immo deleted off that ecu? i am looking to send mine to malone anyway i could possibly offer a swap, mine has a stock auto tune...

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
I had IMMO deleted by a local guy and installed it to see what would happen. The car runs just fine but I have an ABS light, ESP light, and transmission is in limp mode. From what I’ve researched and been told Malone puts the tune on both code blocks. So I’m wondering if I can just back code the ECU from manual to Auto?

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
Well so far no luck. Recoded ECU back to 0150034 but it will not recognize the TCM or ABS modules so tranny is in limp mode but the car will start and run just fine.

bbob203

Veteran Member
TDI
b5.5v
Recode the canbus so it "learns" what modules are installed.
Guess I’ll have to figure out how to do that with my OBDELEVEN. Right now the code that seems to be showing up in the TCM is p1841 “ECM/TCM versions not compatible mechanical malfunction static”

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
BHW was never offered here in a manual.

Jettas and golfs are a simple recode. BHW involves frankensteining BHW with BEW software. It would be up to the tuner to leave the automatic capability in the tune.

... but why would they?