cargo mat for Jetta wagon

nlrm

TDI
Jetta wagon, 2003, white
I traded my '97 Dodge Dakota pickup for an '03 TDI Jetta wagon. I ordered it September 1st and picked it up just last week. My question is, has anyone found a source for a "bedliner" for the wagon? I need a rubber mat or something else that will protect the cargo area with the back seats FOLDED DOWN. I've seen a lot of cargo mats for the area with seats folded up, but nothing so far that will protect the whole area. I did get the VW "monster mats" for front and rear floors, which I do like. (I also LOVE the car - my first VW but not my first European car or diesel powered vehicle). Thanks!

gdr703

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2 door 2002 Indigo
I have just got the all-weather mats for front and rear, they are just great! esp. for this time of year.
I use a waterproof cotton painters drop cloth for when the rear seats are folded down. Seems to work well when carrying christmas tree, or inflatable boat with engine.
hth.

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
I got an 8x6 area rug, and bent, folded, and cliped it together to look like a bedliner.

Preferably, I would have gotten something professionally cut, bonded, and built a small folding frame for it, but for $30 and 6 large binder clips... this fit my tight budget for the time being.

NussWag

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL, Reflex Silver
Variant TDI could you post some pics or explain in more detail what you did. I am also under the confines of a relatively tight budget but need some sort of "bedliner" for my '03 Golf when the seats are folded down.

JettaWagonTDI1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon GLS 2002 Candy White with Gold Pinstripe
How about just using an old blanket? Works for me! I don't see the need for blowing $50-$100 on a piece of rubber molding.

Shawn

nlrm

TDI
Jetta wagon, 2003, white
Yes, I looked at the "carbox" cargo trays on the website Johnson suggested. That's exactly what I was looking for. They're made in Germany. Mats4Less sells two styles of the carbox and also another liner by another company. The blanket works ok, but after spending also $22k on the car, I'm not going to skrimp on protecting the interior from my 80lb Rottweiler-Aireldale cross! Thanks, Johnson, for the link.