Cruise control not working with new switch

ieracer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
my 2000 tdi had intermitent cruise, then would only work with right signal on , then stopped most of the time with once in a while cruise.

I machined some race parts for my buddy who owns an auto shop and he ordered a new turn signal cruise stalk directly from VW and replaced the unit for me. Good guy, good mechanics, they work on everything so am sure they put it in Correctly. Now I have NO cruise at all. Do you have to reset the ECU or some other trick after replacement? What are the odds that VW gave him a bad switch? I feel bad, he didn't charge me at all for the part or the labor.

Any help is as always appreciated.

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
What does VCDS tell you? A very common cause of the cruise not engaging is a defective brake light switch.

ieracer

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI
What does VCDS tell you? A very common cause of the cruise not engaging is a defective brake light switch.
Don't have Vagcom, had the car for 8 years and over 120K miles and kept saying I was going to invest, but never did. Not sure if my friends shop has one either. They primarily build off road race trucks.

Would a bad brake light switch give intermitent cruise, and full cruise with the right turn signal on?

Not having cruise sucks.

Thanks for the reply!