GTI Fahrenheit?

Deezel77

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI
I was at Cambridge Volkswagen about 1 year ago this time, and the owner had a demo of what was called a GTI Fahrenheit. Beautiful vivid orange colour with an amazing looking interior and a hefty price tag to match it.

I have not seen ONE since that day, never driving around of anything. Did they sell alot of them? The Volkswagen website doesn't even advertise this car.

Not like I can afford one, but I was trying to tell my buddy that it existed and he called me crazy, and it is just a nice car over all.

Deezel77

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 VW Jetta TDI
oilhammer said:
Only 1200 of them sold here. Also 1200 Jettas (the Fahrenheit Jettas were yellow).

Now that is friggin sharp looking, I never knew about that before! I love the colour.

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Deezel77 said:
I have not seen ONE since that day, ......
Canada had only 150 of each while the USA had 1200 units of each. There's a registry here.

I saw one for sale last Novembre in Northhampton, MA for a reduced price, something like $21,000 out the door, DSG etc... leather.... loaded as they come. Evidently towards the end of the model year there really was not that much of demand ...in the USA ...some dealers still had a few on the lots hanging around during winter.:(

I would have bought the GTI in a flash had it been a 6-speed. Heck a loaded leather interior full GTI for $21,000 out the door was a steal. I just couldn't see myself driving a DSG for 8 years when ...I'm totally a manual transmission type person.:(

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
All the GTIs got the autobox (DSG), at least in the US, while the GLIs got a choice of automatic or a [proper] manual. Not sure why.

The interiors are color coded, and have the serial production number in the steering wheel. Actually a much rarer car than the R32.

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
They also use official Lamborghini paint the Yellow Jetta and the Rave Orange GTI. Both are pearlessent too I think. I wonder what the dealer would of charged for a factory installed front and rear spoiler with a matching paint job?

Again like the R32 very tempting aquisition.

Pete

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
VWVortex.com

Miscellaneous Features Beta
Volkswagen Announces Special Edition Models
By by: Jamie Vondruska
Oct 11, 2006, 12:28

The Short Version: Volkswagen will offer limited edition models of the GTI in Lamborghini Orange, the GLI in Lamborghini Yellow, a "Triple White" New Beetle Convertible and a Wolfsburg Edition Jetta (built in Mexico no less). : )

Our take: Volkswagen is looking to spice things up a bit with new special limited edition models and a Wolfsburg Edition special package model. First are the "Fahrenheit" Edition GTI and GLI. The GTI comes with Lamborghini Orange pearlescent paint which looks far, far better in person (and in the sun in particular) than the photos here suggest. Inside you'll find the same orange accents and stitching on the steering wheel and shift boot. The GLI on the other hand comes in Lamborghini Yellow pearlescent which also looks quite a bit better in person than in these photos. However it also looks a bit Taxi Cab to us in a standard three-box format, but we'll cut VW some slack here to have the cojones to offer such a color. At only 1,200 units for each of the GTI and GLI these will be fairly rare cars in the grand scheme of things. Both cars come well-equipped with DSG only on the GTI and both DSG and manual offered on the GLI. If you add up the equivalent options on a regular GLI or GTI without the paint or interior accents you're paying less than $100 more for the special edition model. If eye searing colors are your thing, the Fahrenheit editions will definitely fit the bill. Expect the Fahrenheit GTI to arrive first quarter of 2007 and the Fahrenheit GLI during second quarter of 2007

The Triple White New Beetle Convertible on the other hand is a no-brainer. When you see it in person it looks so right on this car that you can't help but wonder what took VW so long to offer it. It looks great, particularly parked next to an original aircooled version. Outside of keeping the white seats clean (good luck!) this is a great looking New Beetle Convertible - look for it in dealers in Spring of 2007.

The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta is the final special edition model follows a long line of special option package Wolfsburg Edition models. Starting with a base 2.5l engine it includes a bundle of special equipment that will save you roughly $2000 and is available in Silver, White, Black and Platinum Gray. The new Wolfsburg Edition should be available in November of 2006.

While special edition models in general tend to be almost a cliche in the automotive industry, VW is at least offering a few interesting ones in limited numbers that will likely find some very happy owners.

Volkswagen of America Press Release:

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. – For 2007, Volkswagen will offer a lineup of special edition models with unique characteristics to create excitement in showrooms and individuality among owners. The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta, Fahrenheit GTI, Fahrenheit GLI and Triple White New Beetle convertible will build on the already great features of the standard versions of these models, with elements and design cues exclusive to these special editions.

The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta is a 2.5 L Jetta with a “Wolfsburg” badge, leveraging the brand’s German heritage. Special features include 16-inch alloy wheels, a sunroof, leatherette seats, cold weather package and monster floor mats. With manual transmission, this special edition is $19,360; automatic transmission is $20,435, representing a $2,000 value when compared to a similar equipped Jetta. The Wolfsburg Edition Jetta is available in the following color schemes: silver with anthracite trim; white with beige trim; black with beige trim; black with anthracite trim; and platinum gray with art gray trim.

The Fahrenheit GTI introduces a unique, energetic exterior color – Fahrenheit orange – to this sporty, high performance hatchback. Each of these 1,200 models will come with a Fahrenheit badge and its unique limited edition number on a three-spoke perforated leather steering wheel, adding to the car’s individuality. This special edition offers European sport tuned suspension; 18-inch “Charleston” alloy wheels; “Fahrenheit” badging; heated leather sports seats; a sunroof; orange interior trim; orange stitching on the floor mats, DSG® boot, brake handle and steering wheel; and optional Sirius Satellite Radio. This special edition model is $27,665.

Similar to the Fahrenheit GTI, Fahrenheit GLI introduces a splashy color to the GLI lineup. The GLI special edition offers the same additions to the powerful model as the Fahrenheit GTI, but with an exclusive Fahrenheit yellow exterior and yellow trim and stitching in the interior. The manual transmission model is priced at $27,880 and the automatic at $28,955. The Fahrenheit GLI will also only be available in 1,200 special edition models.

The Triple White New Beetle convertible offers a new color combination that has strong ties to the legendary original Beetle. With Campanella white exterior, white interior and a white convertible roof boot, the Triple White is available with automatic transmission for $25,990. Each of these 3,000 special editions also offers 17-inch alloy wheels, a three-spoke leather wrapped steering wheel, white leatherette seats, white leatherette center armrest, black carpeting, floor mats and door panels, and SIRIUS Satellite Radio.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For more discussion on this story, click on the link to our discussion forums to the left.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]For more photos related to this story, click on the link to our gallery at the right.[/FONT]

© Copyright 2003 by VWVortex.com

RichDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Jetta
Deezel77 said:
I was at Cambridge Volkswagen about 1 year ago this time, and the owner had a demo of what was called a GTI Fahrenheit. Beautiful vivid orange colour with an amazing looking interior and a hefty price tag to match it.

I have not seen ONE since that day, never driving around of anything. Did they sell alot of them? The Volkswagen website doesn't even advertise this car.

Not like I can afford one, but I was trying to tell my buddy that it existed and he called me crazy, and it is just a nice car over all.
There is one in Owen Sound. If you goto the mall right by the Canadian Tire and Old Navy, there is (when I have been there) one always parked there.

I don't know Owen Sound very well at all, so I can't give street names. The next time I am there (Don't know when that will be) I'll snap a pic with my phone.

Oh and I think a Radiation Tech at work has one as well. But, it could be the same car too.

REDNECKDZL

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, 2015 Jetta, 1984 Wabbit TD, 1986 RX7 waiting on AHU swap
there was one at peterborough vw for the longest time, tehy couldn't get rid of it. Was a sharp looking car, cept for the fact it was missing a TDI

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
There is a guy and shows up with his "Fahrenheit" Edition GTI, every Monday night at Kennedy Commons (Kennedy and the 401) at the Vortex meet.

Eh, I am not hot on the colour.... :confused:

MrVermin

petea4

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Golf GLS
Saw a GTI Fahrenheit last Sunday night at Kennedy Commons. Love the colour. Vermin was there too.

Pete