TDI in a 93 Eurovan?

AlanH

TDI
none
Is it possible for sure to place a TDI engine in a canadian eurovan which currently houses a 5 cylinder diesel and a manual 5 speed? Would appreciate a correct answer.

Alan

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
Only vast sums of money and time would make it possible. If you need more pep you might have better luck finding a turbo and manifold that will fit and looking to have the pump redone with an LDA. I sooo wish that there was an easy swap of TDI into Eurovan because I could use the extra buffer between me and the kids..earplugs for now.

Dieseltoys

Vendor
TDI
Toyota Diesel
Check out fastforward.ca. They provide all that is necessary to convert to tdi. Not sure on the eurovan platform though. -T

mogly

Veteran Member
TDI
MKIV TDI + B5.5V AVF/01E
There have been numerous conversations here regarding this. In Europe the T4s were offered with either 4 or 5 cylinder diesels. So it's plausible to place either engine in with factory mounts.

I have an 2.5L TDI engine and manual trans but as of yet I haven't found the proper donor T4. Ideally I'd love to purchase a LWB Eurovan to convert.

Look up Petr here under vw4motion. I know that he's able to get T4 tdi powerplants.

Good luck.